Complaint Review: Grand Prix Motel on the Beach

• Updated: Sun, April 27, 2014

• Reported By: Kelly — Fayetteville Georgia
Grand Prix Motel on the Beach
2015 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida USA

Grand Prix Motel on the Beach DISGUSTING! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! Daytona Beach Florida

THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTING AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

First let me tell you, fancy website, totally misleading bordering consumer fraud!  We booked a vacation, paid cash upon our arrival and were so disgusted by the smell, dirty blood stained sheets that we tried to get our money back and check out.  As usual in these poorly run type of hotels, the owner had our money and would not give it back.  We actually called the police so that we could file a police report however they would not file one because it's a civil matter.  The police officer did say it was disgusting and advised us to call code enforcement which is the first thing we will do Monday morning!  It is really sad that these substandard hotel owners can get away with this bait and switch advertising they do because they are in the tourist industry and most people just leave and write off the loss. [continued below]....

.....  Well I work way too hard for my money and I am not going away quietly.  I think every consumer needs to know that this man is a crook, that the hotel smells horrendous and that the sheets are disgusting and dirty.  This man wouldn't dream of spending $5 to buy new sheets, he's just going to wash blood soiled sheets and put them back on the bed.  I can't wait to see what code enforcement finds, but please, do not be mislead by his fancy website.  Do your homework.

On top of this, because we called the police because he would not return our money he evicted us from the hotel, and STILL didn't return my money.  I don't think it's legal to keep my money and evict me so I will be calling a lawyer on this as well.  So much for my small 4 day vacation!!!  But there are other cheaper hotels that got better ratings.  I also booked this hotel through expedia.com so you may want to double check their policy on checking hotels because this was not a good first experience for me using expedia.com.  I am going to call them as well to tell them about my experience in this cess pool of a hotel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2014 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Prix-Motel-on-the-Beach/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32118/Grand-Prix-Motel-on-the-Beach-DISGUSTING-DO-NOT-WASTE-YOUR-MONEY-Daytona-Beach-Florid-1142105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Prix Motel on the Beach