Complaint Review: Grant Funding Search

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Woodland Washington
Grant Funding Search
2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway Suite 200 Hendersen, Nevada U.S.A.

Grant Funding Search - The Grant University Hidden Charges to account, unauthorized charges after canceling account. Hendersen Nevada

*Consumer Comment: FREE GRANT INFO ON FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION WEBSITE

On January 6, 2009, I applied on line for a FREE CD for grant writing software from this company. I was only to pay $1.98 shipping and handeling for the CD. The website clearly stated that the CD would not be shipped until I receiced a telephone call to confirm my address to avoid FRAUD.

I canceled my account within 15 minutes of ordering after reviewing rip off reports on this company. I received an e-mail confirming my cancelation. I did not receive a telephone call to confirm my mailing address during the 15 minutes my account was active.

On January 8, 2009, I see that the company took $1.98 from my account for shipping and handeling on an account that has been canceled.

I speak with, Kate to cancel my account on January 6, 2009.
I speak with Brooke on January 8, 2009, who tells me she cannot refund the shipping and handeling fee as the cd was already mailed. I tell her she has violated her on terms and conditions. She refuses a refund and provides a USPS tracking number.

I try to track the cd online. It is a bogus tracking number. I call back on January 8, 2009 and speak to Andy about the false tracking number. She states she cannot provide a correct trackng number and hangs up the phone.

I contact the Better Business Bureau and find out the following (copy and paste from BBB)

Business Contact and ProfileBack To Top Company Name: Grant Funding Search, LLC
Company Address: 2850 Horizon Ridge Pkwy. #200
Henderson, NV 89052
Phone Number: (888) 210-2544
Type of Entity: Limited Liability Corporation
Principal: Ed Moore, Manager
BBB Accreditation Status: This company is not a BBB Accredited Business.
Type of Business: Internet Products & Services

Why is Mr. Ed Moore allowed to do this to people?

Dragonfly
Woodland, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Funding-Search/Hendersen-Nevada-89052/Grant-Funding-Search-The-Grant-University-Hidden-Charges-to-account-unauthorized-charge-409665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Funding Search

FREE GRANT INFO ON FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION WEBSITE

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

They are Government grants - you do not have to pay for info on them or how to apply. ITS ALREADY FREE FROM THE GOVERNMENT

Free Government Grants': Don't Take Them For Grant-ed