Complaint Review: Grants Department

• Reported By: Boo — Jackson Mississippi United States of America
Grants Department
washington, DC WAshington, Washington DC United States of America

Grants Department Government grant WAshington, Washington DC

I was notified today 02/14/2011 via telephone by someone saying that I qualified to receive a

$7000. 00 grant because I paid bills, taxes, etc. on time. I had to to use this grant to pay bills, do home repairs, and things of that nature. To receive this grant, I was told that I had to provide my credit and/or debit card information. I knew it was a scam. So, I said, "You want me to give you all of this info over the phone?" She says yes, then I said, "How do I know that this isn't a scam because it sounds like it is". She said I assure you it isn't. She gave me a confirmation number and a call-back number. Then supposedly transferred me to her supervisor, Jennifer Smith was her name supposedly. She actually hung up on me. So, I called this number back: 202-621-0524. Someone with an accent identified herself as Jennifer Smith. I asked her what the call was about and I informed her that it sounds like a scam. She said, "If you think that, why did you call back?' I said, "Because I wanted to see if someone would answer the phone. She said, Call me back in 10 minutes, I have another call."  I said, "So, you're about to scam the next person now, huh?" She cursed me out saying, "you bulls--t!" I said "No, you bulls--t! and you need to stop trying to use people". She said "Don't call me again". I said, "No, don't you call me again. I hung up after that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grants-Department/WAshington-Washington-DC-/Grants-Department-Government-grant-WAshington-Washington-DC-695334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grants Department