Complaint Review: GRD Cycle

• Reported By: Chris — Huntingtown Maryland
GRD Cycle
4420 crain hwy White Plains, Maryland USA

GRD Cycle over charge, terrible cutomer service White Plains Maryland

First of all, I took my bike to this shop early August. It took three months to get it done. I never once got a call from them. Not for an estimate or for updates. Everytime I called or went there, I got the same old song and dance. It was always "we are working on it, call back tomorrow or next week".

When I dropped my bike off I told them what I wanted. I wanted tires, brakes, carb rebuild, tune up, and an oil change. I also asked them to mount my speedo and swap the ignition to a toggle switch. I also wanted an inspection. Needless to say, its a project bike but its still all together.

This is what I got;  new tires... just brake pads, no rotors. Guess I should have specified. The carb got a new part and some seals. No tune up, but its hard to tell if they changed the oil unless I drain it and check. The speedo was mounted. Right in front of the handlebars. The ignition... the mechanic told me he couldn't figure it out. So he put an old ignition from a different make bike. And they charged me $65 for an old ignition. Not mounted either. He said I could mount it where I wanted.

I paid $1400 for this hack job. And thats after I told them not to go over a grand. Maybe im wrong, but it feels like I got ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2013 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GRD-Cycle/White-Plains-Maryland-20695/GRD-Cycle-over-charge-terrible-cutomer-service-White-Plains-Maryland-1094165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GRD Cycle