Complaint Review: Grease Monkey

• Updated: Fri, July 15, 2011

• Reported By: Dabidaqua — Port Charlotte Florida United States of America
Grease Monkey
2090 Tamiami Trail Port Charlotte, Florida United States of America

Grease Monkey Very Expensive Oil Change considering the list of included services on advertisement are not done. Port Charlotte, Florida

My wife took the car to Grease Monkey for an oil change mainly because of the attractive list of check-up services on the advertisement. When she got back we noticed that the interior of the car was as dirty as before, no vacuuming. The report said it was done. I got curious and started checking anything on the list that I could. The report said the tires had been checked and were at 32 psi - when I put a gauge on them they showed 44 psi, just where I had maintained them (the tires had never been checked). The report also said that the battery had been looked at and not serviced because it was a maintenance free one. Not so either - it is a standard battery with caps (obviously not checked either). The one thing I could tell they did was put some fresh oil in the car, although it was not as clear as I thought completely new oil should be. I'm just hoping they at least changed the filter - which is so far under the car that I can't check. We spent the extra money to get the car checked out a little and it didn't work out - thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2011 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grease-Monkey/Port-Charlotte-Florida-/Grease-Monkey-Very-Expensive-Oil-Change-considering-the-list-of-included-services-on-adve-753616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grease Monkey