Complaint Review: Great American Reader

• Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: Ceontre — Richmond Texas
Great American Reader
PO Box 20460 Bloomington, Minnesota United States of America

Great American Reader Harassed, threatening, ignoring, and hanging up on you Bloomington, Minnesota

I entered a sweepstakes from online and was soon contacted by phone from this company and somehow brainwashed into giving my card information. I finally realized what has happened later and I contacted them I request to cancel the account. I was instantly harassed and was told that the account could not be canceled or closed due to them already submitting their payments to the publishers and that I had 3 days to cancel. So I continued to pay until I couldnt afford to pay for it anymore and I contacted them repeatedly requesting to cancel the account and harassed over and over again. I even contacted requesting to speak to a higher official in the company and was hung up on. I eventually forgot about the entire thing and I switched bank accounts. They then contacted me stating that I had to pay and I told them I couldnt afford it and I want to close the account and that I even sent magazines back in effort to cancel. I was once again harassed and told that it will just add up and if I continue to not pay then they would send it to collections and was hung up on again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-American-Reader/Bloomington-Minnesota-55420/Great-American-Reader-Harassed-threatening-ignoring-and-hanging-up-on-you-Bloomington-1040042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great American Reader