Complaint Review: great american readers

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: icland15 — dana point California United States of America
great american readers
PO box 20460 Bloomington, Minnesota United States of America

great american readers Have been very methodical in scamming me Bloomington, Minnesota

This company is telling me that I owe them 1000$ for a service that was not explained to me. They have gone on and on about what they cannot change. 10,000 people online have commented that this is a scam service.
They have repeatedly negated any and all conversation regarding canceling. I have looked them up and they are a scam by the accounts of many people online.  60 payments of 17$ for 5 years is not a correct computation for magazines. If I have 4 magazine subscriptions for five years is 477$ and they are over pricing. They didn't explain anything to me when they phoned me two months ago. They give me a runaround argument that I owe them the 1000$. Theyll send the bill to a collection service. They said I cant cancel on the subscription because they only allow me to cancel the day after the order started. They dont listen when I tell them I am unemployed and in college.

I have since then cancelled the debit card that I used with them and no longer answer the phone when the decide to call

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/great-american-readers/Bloomington-Minnesota-/great-american-readers-Have-been-very-methodical-in-scamming-me-Bloomington-Minnesota-1017090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on great american readers