• Report: #1142046

• Updated: Sat, April 26, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — cheyenne Wyoming
great call
, Select State/Province USA

great call is a cell phone company and they lied to me about my getting an upgrade to an android. San Diego California

I was a great call customer for 2 years and this year I decided to upgrade to a smart phone.  After talking with the wife of a nearby computer store technician who had been a big help with my desktop computer I had decided to talk to her about smart phones and androids to meet my needs better.  She gave me alot of help and suggested the store and the type she had and advised me it would probably be the best for me.  I indeed went to this store and found one I liked and some idea of reasonable phone plans.

I then called my current carrier Great Call which I only had an old style jitterbug and they told me they could fix me up with their newest Touch2 android for much less than the list price.  Then I got a call last friday April 18 and they spent an hour telling me they could not do the deal we talked about and their computer automatically rejected the whole upgrade order.

They said a supervisor would call me the following Monday.  I was told if I paid $106 I could get their Touch 2.  I agreed and they acted like they were doing me a favor and could not care less whether they lost a customer!!  This past Thursday 4/24 I got the android in the mail and called them to activate it.

After reading the model number from the box TWICE she said it could not be activated and gave me some tech named Tom at a special phone number and again they kept me on hold for an hour!!!  I spoke to him on Thursday and he said I would have to call him Fri. morning he could do nothing that evening!!  On Friday April 25 I called Great Call early and told them I had more than enough and I malied the phone back at my expense and informed them I wished to CANCELL their service once and for all!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2014 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/great-call/Select-StateProvince/nbspgreat-call-is-a-cell-phone-company-and-they-lied-to-me-about-my-getting-an-upgrade-t-1142046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on great call