Complaint Review: Great Expectations

• Submitted: Sun, June 21, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 24, 2012

• Reported By:Griffin Georgia
Great Expectations
1975 N. Park Place SE Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Great Expectations I too got screwed Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: need help with Great Expectations suit

*General Comment: Pending Civil Action

*Consumer Comment: Question about the outcome of your action

*Consumer Suggestion: Nevermind class action, but we can still sue.

I too signed with Great Expectations. Why? Ill never know. I got caught up and signed. Later the same day knew I wanted out. I called the next morning when they opened and told me No I could not cancel because on the contract it says there is no grace period and that's why I was told to read it.
Well, as I told him I was not told to read it. He said I could pay 20% of the program I signed up for as a cancellation fee. That's $600. I don't have $600.
There needs to be law that gives at least a 24 hour window for cancellations. I will go to my bank tomorrow and cancel my debit card since that's the only account information they have on me and get a new card with new numbers. I'm sure I will get sent to a collection agency, but It won't be the first time.
This is as bad as the predatory lending that was going on a few years back with the real estate industry. They need to be stopped. Class action? I'm in.

Dianna
Griffin, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2009 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Great-Expectations-I-too-got-screwed-Atlanta-Georgia-463409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations

need help with Great Expectations suit

AUTHOR: Carmen - ()

Just joined this site. I am willing to help anyone against Great Expectations. They need to be stopped. Think they have changed their name to Relationships Atlanta.

#2 General Comment

Pending Civil Action

AUTHOR: Rob - (United States of America)

Hello,

This company needs to make some extreme changes. I have a similiar story however it comes with a little twist. They are trying to sue me and recoupe $2,200. I never officially signed up but they are saying I signed the contract. In addition, they never provided any services nor attempt to contact me until they could not get their money.  Can someone please contact me...I can use a witness or two with my case. 678-294-7034. Thanks

Robert

Covington, GA

Question about the outcome of your action

AUTHOR: Ricardo - (United States of America)

Hi,

I had the same bad experience, I think I let this people take my money around the same time you did. I was going through a very rough personal situation and I was in search for some help on my social life. Back then I was new to the City of Atlanta and I thought...., well after all they offer me the chance to meet people and find real dates for me.

After a couple of years, my situation has changed considerably and I wonder what would it be if I try to get straight with this people and ask for my money back. I have been supposedly member of this "Dating Service" for around 2 years now and I haven't got anything at all from this place. The few people I tried to contact never answer to me and every time I tried to contact the staff at this place I always got the answering machine, also the several times I asked for my money back through e-mail I never got anybody to answer to my complaints... After a while sadly I just gave up.

Please let me know how your claim went. Did you get any refund or something similar from this. Maybe if you got a positive outcome, I might be able to do something about it and get all or maybe some of the 2000 dollars they stole from me.

I appreciate your feedback, thanks

Ricardo

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Nevermind class action, but we can still sue.

AUTHOR: ATL-GE avenger - (United States of America)

Hi Diana. I got caught up and duped by Great Expectations Atlanta too and I'm in the middle of suing to get the contract voided. We were probably duped by the same guy  Mike Ware, probably while sitting in the same chair in the same office. (You gotta admit, he's a GREAT salesman!)

How about we help eachother out? Here's how: We show up at each others' small claims court cases and tell exactly what happened. No lawyer needed. Witnesses telling similar stories goes a long way in small claims court.  We probably have almost identical stories about their sales pitch and what we were told. You could possibly get out of your contract without it being sent to collections.

Yes the contract seems airtight, but it might be in violation of a couple consumer protection laws as well as GA contract law(I've been doing a lot of reading up lately.)

Post a reply if you're interested in fighting and defeating them with me and let's figure out how to get in touch.