Complaint Review: Great Expectations

• Submitted: Thu, March 13, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2008

• Reported By:Carrollton Texas
Great Expectations
14180 Dallas Pkwy # 100 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Great Expectations Buyer Beware! Any contract that offers now way out is a bad deal! Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: More Info.

*Author of original report: John Meriggi, Great Expectations

*Author of original report: John Meriggi, Great Expectations

If you have signed a contract with Great Expecations please file a complaint with the Texas Office of the Attorney General. While other states have dating service regulations there is nothing on file in the state of Texas.

During the initial interview (12/22/07) process I was presented w/ membership prices starting @ $6000 min. differing by $500. While viewing what I thought was a very expensive complete pkg. for $6995 Stefanie Hogan swiped my credit card for $7400. At that time I inquired about the refund policy should I change my mind by the time I got home. Stefanie then told me that there was absolutely no refund policy. While I was bothered I felt trapped. There was not mention of the No Refund policy until after she swiped my card. Unable to view the membership database until after photos were taken the next week, I was disappointed to find 40% of the database included inactive members and very few African American clients.

My disappointment lead me to search the web for complaints. To my surprise there are at least 58 printable pages of complaints about Great Expectations. It was here that I found out that I had been charged more than twice what others have paid for the same membership. GE will not deny that I have paid more than others for the same membership and has not offered any reason as to why I was targeted for this amount. As I understand it they check your available credit and then present the pkg accordingly. I feel deceived and no longer want to participate in the Great Expectations Dating Service. I have not gone on a single date with a member of GE. I have repeatedly asked for a refund via email only to be refused.

Phenomom
Carrollton, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2008 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/Dallas-Texas-75254/Great-Expectations-Buyer-Beware-Any-contract-that-offers-now-way-out-is-a-bad-deal-Dall-317744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations

More Info.

AUTHOR: Guy - (U.S.A.)

To add on to the last comment, Joe no longer owns the Denver office, it is owned by HMZ Group, LLC I don't know when the change took place but it dosn't matter, the Denver office has 20 BBB complaints and several lawsuits going, so Great Expectations stinks no matter who owns the office.

John Meriggi, Great Expectations

AUTHOR: Disappointed - (U.S.A.)

One man behind many of our complaints. According to a 2006 article found online John Meriggi owns the following Great Expectations franchises:

Dallas, Cleveland, Phoenix, Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Schaumburg, Indianapolis, Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Columbus, Milwaukee, Orlando, and Jacksonville.

File a complaint with the Office of Attorney General in your state. AZ filed suit in June of 2008. The case has yet to be deicided.

John Meriggi, Great Expectations

AUTHOR: Disappointed - (U.S.A.)

Felix