Complaint Review: Great LakesRV Mr. Robert Reid Jr.

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, November 19, 2013

• Reported By: Jim Barrier — Harrison Arkansas
Great LakesRV Mr. Robert Reid Jr.
1045 N nappanee St. Elkhart, Indiana USA

Great LakesRV Mr. Robert Reid Jr. Mathew Troupe Coming off as a Christian but is totally the opposite once they get your money. Elkhart Indiana

Beware of this company      Great Lakes RV in Elkhart Indiana    Mr. Robert Reid owner

1.   Fact  They sold me a Cyclone 5th wheel camper on December 14, 2012.

2.   Fact  I have spent almost one year listening to false promises from Great Lakes Service managers.

3.   Fact  I have made three trips out to Elkhart from Atlanta Georgia.  Each time thinking I would be picking up the unit, only to find a new service manager that didnt know what the previous manager had promised.  Or what had to be fixed.

4.   Fact  Each trip I took my 3500 Dodge to pickup the Cyclone.   Fuel alone was $600.00 per round trip.  Hotels eating out all extra costs.  Great Lakes had no concern.

5.   Fact    Found out through the Secretary of State of Indiana that they did not have a dealer license to sell   anything. they held no license between April 2012 to February 2013.

6.   Fact    They had all my money $68,000.00, from 2012 and still as of this Nov. 19, 2013 date they have not produced an acceptable unit.   Nor due they want to communicate.

7.   Fact     They have told me that the repairs/ fixes to the unit would be $1,500.00.  This is repairs on faulty workmanship from the factory.  I never took possession or accepted the unit due to faulty workmanship,water leak  no heat in garage area as advertised on internet and  brouchers put out by Heartland Corp (builder of the unit)door hinges crooked.cupboard doors dont match openings.  no shelving in cupboards. And on.

8.    Fact   I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  They never answered them.

9.    Fact   The salesman Mathew Troupe has never gotten involved to help out his customer, and has never called me apologizing for this scam.

10.   Fact  I have filed complaints with The Attorney Generals office.  BBB of Indiana, Secretary of State, Great Lakes is not responding to them either.

11.   Fact  I have sent emails to the owner Mr. Robert Reid, he does not respond.

12.   Fact  I have sent a demand letter for the return of my money  + interest and damages.

13.   Fact  I will file a civil/criminal law suit against Great Lakes & Mr. Robert Reid

14.   Fact  If they dont respond I will file a civil/criminal law suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-LakesRV-Mr-Robert-Reid-Jr-/Elkhart-Indiana-46514/Great-LakesRV-Mr-Robert-Reid-Jr-Mathew-Troupe-Coming-off-as-a-Christian-but-is-totally-1100783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great LakesRV Mr. Robert Reid Jr.