Complaint Review: green dot MoneyPak

green dot MoneyPak
Internet USA

green dot MoneyPak prepaid cc refiller service Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

Bought one of these greendot MoneyPak cards at our local Rite Aid. Paid $56.00 total for it: $51.00 to go on the card and the $4.95 LoadFee. (the other 5¢ went to Kidcents) Waited about 15 minutes to scratch the scratch-off strip and use the card to refill my prepaid GreenDot Visa Debit card. It worked at first and the automated service told me that the money was successfully credited to my card. I then hung up and called my card to check that the money was actually there...and it was. So, I placed an online order for a card for my straittalk phone, from Walmart. Which costed $45.00, for a 30-day Unlimited Plan. My order was rejected 5 minutes later citing insufficient funds!, on the card I had just used this MoneyPak to put $51.00 on!!

I logged into www.greendot.com to check the card's balance again and transaction history(Thinking; perhaps I had a outstanding bill or transaction...?), my card's balance said: -$5.49 !?! Now, I was stumped... I had put the $51.00 on there knowing that the monthly service fee of $5.95 and the $45.00 for my phone card both needed to be paid. After the service fee was taken off the top, my balance was exactly: $45.05. The greendot website showed NO transaction history either! Which is pretty strange too because, I use it all the time... it just showed that: -$5.95 service fee balance I had started with.

So, I called the MoneyPak phone # that's on the back of the card... I was informed that their customer service service was not available, and instructed to call back during business hours, or visit their site online.. back to the web I went. Their website denied me a login and stated they were having technical problems. I tried numerous times after that to login but to no avail. It looks to me like these people received my $51.00, applied it to their fee, then took my remaining $45.05 and reset my card while reinstating their $5.95 fee!! That is straight-up theft! I can't seem to reach anyone at the customer service line to fix this either! I want my money back! I am very angry at these people and their service! In the numerous other transactions I have had with this company all went smoothly. Now this!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 11:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/green-dot-MoneyPak/internet/green-dot-MoneyPak-prepaid-cc-refiller-service-Internet-1086401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on green dot MoneyPak

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - ()

Sorry you are having difficulty with log in and reasching customer support. If you need assistance with an account issue, please send us an email to Customer.Advocacy@greendot.com with your name as it appears on your card, your phone number and a brief description of your issue. We will review and get back to you to assist.