Complaint Review: green dot money pack scratch card

• Submitted: Mon, January 28, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: ripped off — flint Michigan United States of America
green dot money pack scratch card

green dot money pack scratch card Introduced himself as a representitive of publishers clearing house a u.p.s. driver, a U.S. Marshall and a Sheriff's Deputy would arrive a 12 pm to escort me to my bank to deposit my check but i needed to but a green dot money pack scratch card for $500 before i could , Internet

*Consumer Comment: This man gets around!

*General Comment: Me Too

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

A man with a foreign accent called from a" private" number and said he was from Publisher's Clearing House and that I had won $ 2.5million. My first question was when should I expect Ed Mc mahon to visit. He laughed and ignored the question. He then said I would be visited by a UPS driver, a US Marshal and a private security guard, all I had to do to deposit the check in my account was purchase a "green dot money pack scratch card" for $500. When I told him I didn't have the $ he told me he would just give the $ to charity and hanged up the phone. Since he didn't give me any other contact information I decided to do some research and found that this a common scam.

If anyone tells you you won $ by using coupons from Walmart and they want you to buy a green dot money pack scratch card, IT'S A.SCAM!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/green-dot-money-pack-scratch-card/internet/green-dot-money-pack-scratch-card-Introduced-himself-as-a-representitive-of-publishers-cle-1004985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on green dot money pack scratch card

This man gets around!

AUTHOR: Mommyof3Boys - ()

I ceived a phone call from a man claiming to be Andy Goldberg  from this #( 876-384-9380) reporting to be from Publishers Clearing House. I was very skeptical at first but after talking to him a while, his questions and information reassured me he was legitimate. He got my address and full name (so I am very concerned since I am a woman). After he asked me to purchase a Ggreen Dot Scratch Card" I once again became skeptical and hung up the phone. I did some research on the internet and found similar complaints here! The area code matched the same as the # I received and the man was described as having a heavy accent (which I had also noticed). I did a reverse track on his # and the phone is a landline from Kingston, Jamaica! And per PCH's website- They will NEVER contact you by phone!!! So, Beware!!!

#2 General Comment

Me Too

AUTHOR: NotanIdiot811 - ()

I also recieved a similar call. The man asked for $200 instead of the $500 mentioned above and he threw in a brand new Mercedes as well. Lucky me. :) The phone number was not blocked this time. It had a 876 area code and upon further investigation it turned out to be a cell phone based in Jamaca. The moral of the story is that this is an intended rip off. I did not fall for it, I'm glad the person that wrote the initial report did not, and I hope no 1 else that is contacted does either.

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do our best to warn customers to protect themselves from scams. You can find more information on the MoneyPak website at https://www.moneypak.com/ and report fraudulent activity from there too.