Complaint Review: Green Dot Visa

• Submitted: Mon, August 18, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 18, 2008

• Reported By:Revelo Kentucky
Green Dot Visa
P.O Box 84020 Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Green Dot Visa After I Purchased Reloadable Card, They Sent Me A Non-Reloadable And Refuse To Send Me The Reloadable Card As I Purchased. Columbus Georgia

I Purchased My Green Dot Prepaid Visa Card On 8/08/08. On the Item it said "Reloadable" I came home and activated my card and they gave me the credit card number, expiration date and security code and said i would receive my credit card in 7-10 business days.So i used the information they gave me to pay a bill online and had .70 cents remaining. Today i went and checked my mail and i had a envelop from green dot so i opened it and got my card out and it had a paper inside with the card stating that my card CANNOT be reloaded,and to receive my personalized reloadable card fax the requested customer identification documentation to 1-866-619-0941.

So i called and spoke to a representative to find out what i needed to get my personalized card and they told me i needed to fax a Utility bill with my address on it and a SSN or driver's license on it with the address that i gave. I explained to them that i had recently relocated to a different address and that my license had the previous address on them and that i lived with my mother and had no utilities in my name that had my new physical address that i provided to them,they then asked me if my mother had one and i told them yes and explained to them that i had a different lastname from where i am married and they said that it wouldnt work because her lastname wasn't the same as mine.

I then asked them if my social security card would work because it had my name and the social security number that i provided on it and they said yes it would work but they still needed a utility bill with my address on it and i told them that i didnt have one and they said they was sorry but they couldnt do anything without something stating my address with the same lastname that i have.,I purchased this reloadable card and nothing was said about this until today,and now i can't do anything about it because i have no utility bills with my address and name on it, i would not recommend green dot visa to anyone!

I paid the price for a reloadable card and got something else and they wont make it right with me!If it was about privacy then why would somebody else's name work on the utility bill as long as they had MY lastname and address. Because it's still not showing MY identification it would be showing someone else's

Casey_1988
Revelo, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2008 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot-Visa/Columbus-Georgia-31908/Green-Dot-Visa-After-I-Purchased-Reloadable-Card-They-Sent-Me-A-Non-Reloadable-And-Refuse-364122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot Visa