Complaint Review: Green Dot Wal-Mart Money Card

• Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: Sarah — Vinemont Alabama United States of America
Green Dot Wal-Mart Money Card
Monrovia, California United States of America

Green Dot Wal-Mart Money Card Green Dot Corporation, GE Capital Retail Bank, Green Dot, MoneyPak, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Don't get a Wal-Mart Money Card and Always check your reciept that second you finish your transaction. Monrovia, California

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

*Author of original report: Update Thank You

On 9/21/12 I deposited 100 on my Green Dot Wal-Mart Money Card. I have my reciept. It went on someone else's account and now neither Wal-Mart nor Green Dot will put my money back on my card. They both point the finger at each other and have for a week. Now Wal-Mart says it is the magnetic strip on the back of my card or an error in Green Dot's computer system. Green Dot says that they are reviewing the reciept and they will call me within the day....3 days ago. I called them yesterday and the rep said "the escalations lady will call me today". I guess it is ok to STEAL 100 from a single mother with two little girls that works hard for a living. If I were to do the same thing it would be called Theft of services and I would be arrested. Way to look out for the little guy big corporations. You have restored my faith in being a good person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot-Wal-Mart-Money-Card/Monrovia-California-/Green-Dot-Wal-Mart-Money-Card-Green-Dot-Corporation-GE-Capital-Retail-Bank-Green-Dot-Mo-948031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot Wal-Mart Money Card

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

We are happy to hear your issue was resolved. We are sorry for any worry brought on by this issue. Thank you for being understanding and replying to inform that the issue was resolved.

Update Thank You

AUTHOR: Sarah - (United States of America)

I hope this goes through this time because I not only wanted to let people know about what happened but in fairness I also want to let people know that Green Dot did resolve the issue yesterday which they called and notified me they credited my card for my deposit. Anyone can make a mistake. I appreciate Green Dot for resolving this issue. My only advice for everyone as with anything keep your reciept. I learned that many years ago, the hard way. Again Thank You Green Dot for putting my deposit back in my account. Good Luck everyone.