Complaint Review: Green Mountain Energy

• Updated: Mon, July 29, 2013

• Reported By: DFB — McKinney Texas
Green Mountain Energy
Austin, Texas USA

Green Mountain Energy I signed up 8.9 % monthly rate, confirmed it in person, second bill 13.15%, they said this is a charge for monthly, if I would like to sign up for one year rate would go down. Austin Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Re: customer complaint

I signed up seminar Green Mountain Energy stated 8.9 rate which I currently had at another electric service provider.  They said this is the same but I would be helping the environment.  Of course, they lied rate is 13.15$, which they will lower if I sign up not monthly.  I said I would like a copy of contract I signed, they said they could not do that, but I could go to their website and get.  Which I will because my bill went from est $267.  to $479.00.  I also read something about increasing energy charge during some periods.   Stay away, or you will be very sorry as I am.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Mountain-Energy/Austin-Texas-78768-9008/Green-Mountain-Energy-I-signed-up-89-monthly-rate-confirmed-it-in-person-second-bill-1071056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Mountain Energy

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Re: customer complaint

AUTHOR: Green Mountain Energy - ()

We’re sorry to hear about this experience. Please e-mail us at feedback@greenmountain.com with your name and account information and we’ll figure out what happened and try to fix it. Thank you for your patience.