Complaint Review: Green Tree Lending

• Updated: Sun, January 20, 2013

• Reported By: Hollybet — Big Pine Key Florida United States of America
Green Tree Lending
P.O. Box 6172 Rapid City, South Dakota United States of America

Green Tree Lending Green Tree Mortgage Take Over & Foreclosure Scam Rapid City, South Dakota

I would like to make a complaint regarding Green Tree, they bought my mortgage from Origen LLC several years ago before the mortgage crisis was in full swing.  When I was laid off in 2009 and things were getting harder and harder to stay on top of I called Green Tree asking for my options so I could keep up with my mortgage.  I was informed that I was not past due and had never had a late payment...which I already knew, but also when Green Tree took over my mortgage from Origen it was no longer considered a mortgage but a cash loan and therefore I had no options.

Well, I managed to keep my payments made for over another 7-8 months but was late on my lot rent (my place was in a mobile home park in Michigan) twice.  When I was late the third time I was living in Florida and trying to sell my place, still never late on the payment to Green Tree, the park filed for eviction, mailed the notice so I got it the night before the court hearing(they knew I had moved to Florida).  I called and left a voicemail with the park's attorney that night (I obviously could not get to Michigan by 8:00 am the next day) and  I called the attorney's office first thing the next morning and left a message that I could not get there. They went to court and received a judgement against me (I believe the park acted dishonestly since they knew I could not get the notice in time).

I called Green Tree and explained the situation and asked my options, I was told I should just surrender the home even though I still had no late payments.  Before I could do something I find out from a friend that lived in the park that Green Tree had already sold it to the park! It was not  repossess or foreclosed yet but the park was already changing locks and removing my remaining items out.  I have since heard of many situation where Green Tree and the mobile park have pulled this on others.

I contacted the Office of Mortgage Settlement Oversight and was told if they receive enough complaints regarding Green Tree's practices they will begin an investigation.  I'm not sure how to reach out to others that have had comparable experiences but I hope they may see this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Lending/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Green-Tree-Lending-Green-Tree-Mortgage-Take-Over-Foreclosure-Scam-Rapid-City-South-Dako-1000193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Lending