Complaint Review: Green Tree Servicing

• Reported By: Chris — Round Lake Park Illinois
Green Tree Servicing
7360 South Kyrene Rd, T313 Tempe, Arizona USA

Green Tree Servicing Force insurance, escrow Tempe Arizona

After refinance, Green Tree has become our mortgage servicer. Shortly thereafter we switched our insurance carrier. Our agent contacted green Tree with the routine paperwork. After a month,Green Tree sent us a letter informing of lack of proof of insurance. I called their customer service and was told they never recieved a fax from my insurance agent. The very same day, my agent and I faxed the required paperwork again. Few weeks later, we recieved another letter from greenTree that they still didn't have my insurance proof. Called them again, got the fax # and faxed papers again. Few days later called them again and was told that they did not have insurance proof.,was given fax # and faxed it again. When talking to customer service, I got all the way to the "supposedly " insurance department manager and was given another fax #. Faxed papers again. Month later, we recieved another latter from green Tree stating that because of the lack of proof of insurance, they bought a policy for us for "only" $2600, and the amount will be taken out of escgrow. Called my agent again and arranged a call with GreenTree, when the matter was apprently settled once and for all. Green Tree informed me later that they will return the money paid  to their insurance carrier to the escgrow account and pay my agent instead (my insurance is about 25% of what their insurance charged).I thought the matter was over with, but no.Month later, we got the letter informing us that we are short on our exgrow and we must pay $218 immediataly. Called them again with obvious question why when paying on time every time  with my taxes and insurabce not increasing I have $218 shortage. I was told that because the above mention $2600 payment to their insurance, the escgrow was short and all will be back to normal and eventually escgrow will show the surplus. I paid the amount over the phone (it was due the next day) and was charged $12 for doing so.

Now, we recieved standard notification of paid taxes, but on the bottom of the letter it says that "This communication is from debt collector". What is also strange, my account # on the letter is incorrect, name and address is OK. I called Green Tree automated account info line and found out that i still owe them $218 of missing escgrow. Talked to customer service again and was told that scgrowe is still short and i have make that payment, otherwise account would deliquent. Started looking through all the monthly billing statements and found that one of them, under Account Information Since last payment portion is missing principal amount and interest amount, the spaces are simply blank (the date on that one coincides with all the escgrow problems). Without going into details, I can't account for any missing/unpaid amount. Called Green Tree and asked for explanation of incorrect account # on the letter and missing amounts paid on the bill. I was told that in both cases this was a misprint.

Also, every statement we got has incorrect amount due. It is always at least double what the mortgage amount is. green Tree told me that the statement never reflects what was paid last month. The last statement  lists may actual mortgage amount, plus $200 and amount due equals double that plus some change.

This company is not even able to produce proper bill for once, misprints(omits) the most important part of the bill (amount paid last time) and wants me to believe that my escgrow is constantly short without ever once sending me a full escgrow reimbursment statemant for which I asked repeatedly.

I belive that bjuying insurance policy without informing the customer is illegal and besides, i never recieved either the policy # or any other information regarding the homeowners insurance they allegedly bought without my knowledge.

All this seems like a premedited scam, trying to extract more than customer owes every month, created late fees ,confuse and obfuscate.. I think they count on somebody paying the inflated total amount due.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Servicing/Tempe-Arizona-85283/Green-Tree-Servicing-Force-insurance-escrow-Tempe-Arizona-1079276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Servicing