Complaint Review: Green tree

• Reported By: Holly — Santa Paula California
Green tree
Rapid City, South Dakota USA

Green tree Gives customers the run-around Rapid City South Dakota

This company indicates they provide help for homeowners who are misplaced workers and are having difficulty now making their monthly mortgage payment. In my experience this is not true. I found their customer service to be extremently poor and basically just gave me the run around. When I first called in March 2013 after talking with the service rep for an hour she basically said they couldn't help me because I did not make enough money. She suggested I fall behind in my payments and then maybe they could help. She also told me she could put me on a plan where I made payments for two months, then made a payment 6 weeks later and then again six weeks later and then not for another 2 months. So basically I would make a total of 3 payments in 6 months and without any penalty or credit reports. Not being ready to make that decision she told me to call back when I had increased my income. I called back in November 2013. First of all I was told they was no program for helping customers who were displaced workers. I either had to have lost my income due to divorce or death of a partner. Then they told me the plan the other agent had shared with me did not exist and had never existed. Basically they told me I was crazy. I asked them if they kept computer records of the conversation and when they checked there it was - the conversation just as I had described. The agent still insisted there was not relief program for a displaced worker so I asked to speak to a supervisor. He told me he was not interested in what had happened in the past and what was it he could help me with now. After much pushing on my part he took my financial information and mind you I only make an addition 800.00 more per month he told me that now I make too much money to qualify. He proceeded to tell me a story about a man they had helped and when he indicated the man's income I told him that is what my income had been the last time I called and was told I did not make enough money. He then told me he had a meeting he had to go to in 5 minutes and I could write down my situation and mail it to the company and they would review it and let me know. He was rude, condescending, implied I manage my money poorly and indicate that maybe there were areas that I was squandering my money a little too much. Needless to say no support has come from this company. All they want is their money and God forbid if you have paid on time for the past eight years. If I knew how to get out of this company I would. There service reps are trained to be manipulative and condescending. Do not do business with this company if you can at all help it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2013 11:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-tree/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Green-tree-Gives-customers-the-run-around-Rapid-City-South-Dakota-1111196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green tree