Complaint Review: Greenbrier Auto Wholesale Center

• Updated: Fri, October 11, 2013

• Reported By: Loyalty757 — Chesapeake Virginia
Greenbrier Auto Wholesale Center
1510 Military Hgwy. Chesapeake Chesapeake, Virginia USA

Greenbrier Auto Wholesale Center Southern Auto Group Not in full compliance of the FTC Used Car Rule Chesapeake Virginia

This is my Fifth experience with the corporate parent Southern Auto group. I believe when I saw that Greenbrier was attached to Southern I made the terrible mistake of assuming the same top quality of previous experiences.

I was in search of a Mini Cooper because of long commutes. One test drive and I loved the car.  The salesman informed me that one FOBs (keyless entry system remote controllers) was not working and it just needed a battery. No problem. We agreed to terms and he agreed to have it prepped the next day.  I showed up with a check in hand by 6 p.m. and by the end of the next evening (very late, and well after closing time, the paper work was finally ready. I was handed the 2 FOBS and said Thank You. Neither worked, now (After the fact neither really worked) I was told just buy two new batteries because the car had been sitting for a long time. Well...that didnt work, Im thinking, Im going to have to buy two new FOBs.

I took the car to the Mini dealer for the once over and there discovered it was repaired with non OEM replacement parts not on the Car Facts report that caused water/electrical damage. $1735.00 later. My FOBs work perfectly. The FTC truth in selling act applies where they knew that some structural and electrical damage  existed. The technician at the local Mini dealer even said he remembered the car and reccomended the proper fix back in May. Well the owner decided to trade in the problem somewhere else. My mistake was trusting the SAG (Southern Auto Group) to stand by there reputation. I have tried to talk to the General manager 5 days in a row but there has been an excuse to not talk 5 days in a row.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenbrier-Auto-Wholesale-Center-/Chesapeake-Virginia-23320/Greenbrier-Auto-Wholesale-Center-Southern-Auto-Group-Not-in-full-compliance-of-the-FTC-U-1091213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenbrier Auto Wholesale Center