Complaint Review: greendot prepaid card

• Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: Judy — joshua Texas
greendot prepaid card
3465 e foothill blvd pasadena, California USA

greendot prepaid card Fraud !! put a block on my card..unable to speak to any CS person..First of all they speak very little english,and can only reply to whats on the spill they have in front of them.They blosked my card after I recieved a refund from a company that I did not subscribe too.This company did thier part with the refund.Green dot had no reason to block my card.I had my pay check on my card also,so even if they had to verify the refund I should have been able to use my money.I was told by several CS reps that they could keep my card blocked as long as they wanded and could even close my accout and keep my money. pasadena California

*Author of original report: I have already done this !

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

Green dot card is a scam.I found charges on my card that I was not awware of and contacted greendot.They said they would look in to it and in the meantime would send me a new card in 3-5 business days and put a comprmise on my card.I ask what that was they said it would just stop this company from taking any more money.I said I will be getting my pay check deposited in a few days.I was told it would not affect any thing.My  pay check was deposited with out any problem.In the mean time I found the phone numberto the company that was taking the money from my account.I talked with them and told them I was not aware of this membership.They immediatly issused a refund on to my card. As soon as the refund went on there my accound was blocked.I spoke to many CS and could not get my account unblocked.I was told every time it would be 3-5 business days.I have sent a certified letter ,and no respond.I was told at one point they could keep my card blocked and could also close my account and keep my money.I will keep presuesing this matter until I get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 04:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/greendot-prepaid-card/pasadena-California-91107/greendot-prepaid-card-Fraud-put-a-block-on-my-cardunable-to-speak-to-any-CS-person-1087143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on greendot prepaid card

I have already done this !

AUTHOR: Judy - ()

I have sent you every single thing you have ask for several times.I have sent a certified letter , sent every thing again.I even did a three way conservation with the President of the company the gave me the refund. This is just another way to prolong keeping the block on my card.I will hire an attorney to get my money back .Your company can only tallk in circles.no answers are giver except we can not un block your card.

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to help you get this resolved. Please send an email with your name, phone number, ticket number(if you were provided one) and brief description of your issue to Customer.Advocacy@greendot.com so we can review and assist you.