Complaint Review: Greenstar Home Services TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ …businesses you can trust. Greenstar Home Services is a leading provider of environmentally conscious residential plumbing service, HVAC maintenance, repair & whole home central water filtration within areas of Orange County, California, & Las Vegas, Nevada. Greenstar Home Services takes great pride in providing unparalleled customer service utilizing extensive home repair experience.

• Submitted: Wed, July 10, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, June 09, 2015

• Reported By: beyhanz — LAS VEGAS Nevada
5075 Cameron St Ste E . Las Vegas NV 89118 LAS VEGAS, Nevada USA

Greenstar Home Services REVIEW: Greenstar Home Services dedicated to total customer satisfaction. Greenstar offers direct access to CEO for any customer challenge.
*UPDATE: Greenstar Home Services pledges commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits consumers, ensuring complete satisfaction, confidence when doing business with a member business. Greenstar Home Services recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Greenstar Home Services for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with Greenstar Home Services have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. Greenstar Home Services listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Greenstar Home Services's general mangers, area mangers, executiive management, and ownership all have informed us that thier personal philosophy is that employee retention and the highest level of customer service is at the heart of the business. [continued below]....
..... One of the things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its review is that typical customer feedback reads, "Greenstar Home Services truly communicate all aspects of the service in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that the employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on their promises.”

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Jeremy Prevost during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Greenstar Home Services.

Greenstar Home Services is a forerunner in the growing industry of environmentally conscious residential plumbing services, HVAC maintenance and repair, as well as whole home central water filtration. Greenstar Home Services's vision encompasses several elements including growing in the areas and communities they currently serve in, as well as expanding their business along the west coast. CEO of the company, Jeremy Prevost, further explained the vision of his company, "do good work, take care of our customers, take care of our employees, lead the way with green and eco-friendly products, and lead the industry in any type of advancements we can make.”

The leads for Greenstar Home Services are obtains through several different forms of marketing including online resources, direct mail, newspapers, and the radio, "you name it we're doing it.”

Once a potential client has expressed interest in Greenstar Home Services the company will assess the clients home and provide them with options, as well as what they would feel would be in the clients best interest. Their main priority when working with a potential customer is clear communication, "we give them some options, we paint a picture, and we step back and give our clients the paintbrush.”

During the onsite interview, Mr. Prevost was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. Mr. Prevost explained that Greenstar Home Services has very few complaints due to their President guarantee that is offered to every client, "my personal cell phone number is out there for anybody to call because we take pride in the work we do." If a complaint does arise it will typically be in regards to the price of the product. If this happens, "we take the situation and explain to the homeowner the cost of running a business, and that some of the costs are packaged because we are flat rate. We're not going to leave a customer disgruntled so we would discount the job down if we had to. We don't let it get out of control. We don't let it get to a certain level.”

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Prevost stated that he believes the comments are from a disgruntled past employee or a competitor. In order to assure future clients he also stated that Greenstar Home Services is partners with the BBB as well as the state contractors board. Mr. Prevost also stated, "we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You don't pay us until your 100% satisfied with the work in the field, and the level of service we've done." Greenstar Home Services has the highest regard for their customers and offer them the peace of mind knowing that employees must pass a background check as well as drug test. They also offer a property protection guarantee, labor guarantee, and well as a cleanliness guarantee.

Greenstar Home Services is proud to be apart of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "it's very important to me to have a good online presence and reputation management, and it's important to me to align myself with organizations that can help or assist with that cause, and Ripoff Report would be a good business to do business with.”

"We are one of the top home service businesses for preventative maintenance on the homes HVAC and plumbing systems. With us you will always recieve world class service at the greatest value your hard earned money can invest in. We are honest and moral and always go out of our way to run a good business.”

Greenstar Home Services's team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. Greenstar Home Services takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "Greenstar provides a growth and learning environment to work in that rewards our employees attitudes and work ethic. Ownership and management is truly concerned about everyone well being.”

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Greenstar Home Services's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

"Greenstar Home Services has published new tips on what to look for in a reputable HVAC service company or technician. Greenstar is a leading provider of green and eco-friendly plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services serving the Orange County, California and Las Vegas, Nevada regions.

The organization also highlights the importance of scheduling routine HVAC system maintenance, especially during the extreme summer heat. A routine service check can prevent costly breakdowns and ensure comfort throughout the summer months.

“Regular maintenance of your home’s air conditioning system is a vital step in prolonging and protecting the lifespan of your HVAC equipment,” notes Jeremy Prevost, Greenstar CEO. “We wanted to compose a tip sheet to help homeowners ensure a reputable service technician when they book their maintenance appointment.”

Colin Martodam, Greenstar COO states, “Homeowners need to realize the importance of routine maintenance on their HVAC systems to prevent expensive emergency repair.”

With Martodam’s thoughts in mind, consider the following helpful guidelines for choosing the right HVAC service technician and company.

1. Value: Homeowners today are demanding the greatest value for their hard earned dollars. No one wants the cheapest and yet no one wants the most expensive service. Savvy consumers today want a good value. A company’s price point has to be backed with the value and service to support it.
  2. Experience: While an HVAC license and an education are vital to ensure a reputable company, nothing can substitute years of experience.
  3. Reviews & References: Homeowners want an HVAC service company that is in good standing with the BBB, as well as the Contractor’s Board. Do not hesitate to request reviews and research the organization online before booking an appointment.
  4. Guarantee: If the HVAC technician has faith in his own abilities and work, he’ll gladly guarantee it. And if that work doesn’t live up to his guarantee, he’ll do the work again free of charge.
  5. License: Within the states of California and Nevada HVAC technicians must possess a state-issued license to work. This guarantees the technician possesses the necessary education and on-the-job hours to be certified.
  6. Insurance: An insured HVAC provider is one who steps up and takes responsibility when things go wrong. Botched work or injuries on the job can happen, and an insured technician makes sure those expenses do not fall on the homeowner.
  7. Written estimate: A HVAC provider who refuses to provide an estimate up front is one looking to price-gouge once the work is completed. Always expect a detailed estimate- one that covers costs for parts and labor. Do not move forward with any work or service without an estimate and be wary of a technician who requests more than the regulated amount of money up-front before the work is done.
  8. Appearance: Homeowners should expect anyone working in their home to dress and present himself with professionalism. A tidy HVAC service technician suggests someone who does tidy work.

9. Greenstar is proud of not only meeting but exceeding each of the above guidelines.”

Greenstar Home Services recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, Greenstar Home Services has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Jeremy Prevost, Ripoff Report is convinced that Greenstar Home Services is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

Ripoff Report would like to let readers know that Ripoff Report emailed this customer so the member business could make things right with them. When a business joins the Corporate Advocacy Program, Ripoff Report emails everyone from the past so the member business can make things right with them. Of course, everything within reason. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer.

Resolved and handled. No matter what we did for this client, they were not going to be happy. Unreasonable client.

One of my A/C units at my property was broken on Sunday, July 30th and I have called and arranged a service visit with Greenstar Home Services  on Monday, July 1, 2013. A technician came over to my property in the afternoon, same day. After cheking the units, he mentioned that capacitor and contactor of the broken unit was in bad condition and they need to be replaced. He also suggested installment of a part called Hard Start Kit that may extend the life of the unit a couple of seasons. He also mentioned that his Company could replace both units at a cost roughly about $3500 a piece + the amount I would be paying for the repair. Considering the information given to me, I have decided to proceed with the repair. He replaced/installed three items $307 a piece (According to HVAC Parts and Supplies Website, the retail prices of the parts replaced were; capacitor:$20, contactor: $8, and Hard start Kit: $10). I have paid a total of $1019. Following the repair, the unit appeared to be working, and I have paid the requested amount using my credit card.

I noticed however that the repaired unit is not working in the morning of Wednesday, July 3, 2013, and called the Company to schedule another appointment. The same technician  came to my property, same day. After checking the unit, he stated that the fan motor was locked on and the condenser unit was damaged and suggested replacement of the whole unit as the best option. Since I was not satisfied with the explanation given to me and the cost of replacement was substantial, I wanted to seek for second opinion. I asked the technician to remove the parts he installed on Monday and refund the payment I have made excluding the diagnosis and tune-up fees. Upon his refusal. I asked him specifically to leave any parts he installed on the broken unit and declined his offer to replace the whole unit.

I have talked to one of the managers over the phone, and explained my position and asked him to refund the amount charged on my account. He told me that he would look it in detail and get back to me on the same day. Since the following day was Independence Day, I couldn't do anything but to live through July 4th at above 110 F temperatures. I have called the same manager on July 5, 2013 twice to discuss the issue further but I was told that he was not available on both occasions.

A second Company has visited my property on July 5, 2013 to asses the broken unit. When they inspect the unit, they noticed one of the parts replaced, the capacitor was missing from the unit for some reason. They also noticed that the second item replaced was not the correct one (a single-pole one rather than a  two-poled one).

On Monday July 8th, the General Manager of the Company called me back and we discussed the issue. He offered to replace the unit for a price tag of $2950 + $1019, equaling to $3969.  Since I had a price quote for replacement of the unit for about half of the price offered by him, I declined. He then offered me to replace the fan motor for free of charge, stating that it may put the unit in working condition. After going through the written statements made by Green Star technician and two other technicians, I came to conclusion that the replacement of the fan motor would be a waste of time, and prolong my family's one week no-A/C ordeal even further

Eventually, I got the unit replaced with a brand new one with a price tag of $ 2000 by another Company. As of July 9, 2013  my  A/C service was restored to where it was supposed to be with a payment of $1019 to Green Star Home Services for nothing in return and a payment of a $2000 for a brand-new unit  to restore the A/C service to my property.

As summarized above, the handling of my A/C service request  by Greenstar HS has not only failed to repair the broken unit but also caused a damage on the condenser of the unit which was assessed as in fair condition the Company's technician on his July 1st.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GREENSTAR-HOME-SERVICES/LAS-VEGAS-Nevada-89138/GREENSTAR-HOME-SERVICES-MISLEAD-DAMAGE-AND-SELL-NEW-STUFF-LAS-VEGAS-Nevada-1066012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GREENSTAR HOME SERVICES

AUTHOR: beyhanz - ()

Three months passed since my filing of the claim. No service, same old "someone will call you back" nonsense. They kept collecting the premiums in the meantime. I cancelled the policy, asked for a refund. Guess what? When you cancelled the policy, Stanley is not responsible for any repairs, even if you file your claim while your policy was active, and no refunds are allowed.

Here is the business model of Stanley Home Warranty;

Greenstar Sets the Record Straight.

AUTHOR: Management - ()

Greenstar Home Services is an honest and ethical company and we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, without our loyal and happy clients we would have no business at all, so let's set this record straight with some facts.

Greenstar Home Services responded to a "no cooling" complaint from this customer.  Upon diagnosis of the system by our experienced and professional service technician, it was deteremined that the repairs needed to get the system cooling again were extensive and costly.  Base on this and the age of the system, the client was presented with two opitons...repair the system and risk another breakdown and further expense or relace the system with our full warranties and gaurantees and not have to worry any longer.  Against our professional advice the client elected to repair the old and failing system which we did.

Later in the week the clients system did fail again (as we explained to him might happen) and it was completely unrelated to the original repair. At this time we again presented the client with two options, repair the system again at an added cost or replace the system at this time and out of good faith Greenstar would credit the cost of the origianl repair towards the new system...the customer declined both options.

In regards to installing the "wrong parts" the client is simply mistaken and as far as Greenatar removing the parts that were installed and causing damage to the system, this is simply not true either.  The client also stated that over the course of a few days (in which time he had no a/c in his house) he had three other contractors out that all confirmed Greenstar's reccomendation that it was time to replace the unit.  Furthermore, being without a/c for a number of days was the choice of the client while he did his "investigation", not Greenstar's as we made every effort to remedy the clients challenges that same day.

A few days later the client called back demanding his money back for the repair that was performed. Again out of good faith and loyalty to our clients, Greenstar preseneted two options, we would be happy to repair the unit FOR FREE in an effort to satisfy the client or replace the system at a HUGE discount...again the client even declined both of these options.

I'm not sure what more we could have done for this client in an effort to satisfy him aside from taking the higher road and giving him his money back though Greenstar was at no fault what so ever, which is what we ultimatley did despite the fact that he did not follow our original recommendation, chose not to have us repair the unit for free and chose not to replace the system at a huge discount.

It is clear that in business no matter how honest you are, how hard you try to always do the right thing, how much you truely care about your clients, there are just some people out there that will never be satisfied and simply be out to discredit the name of honest and hard working individuals.

Final Update

AUTHOR: beyhanz - ()

The Company actually refunded all the money charged to my account.

The Company Steps Up

AUTHOR: beyhanz - ()

After this report was filed, Greenstar Home Services has contacted me and promised a full refund of the disputed amount. I appreciate Company's forthcoming and I am satisfied with the outcome. I will provide further updates if needed.