Complaint Review: Greentree

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Sparta Tennessee
PO Box 6172 Rapid City, South Dakota U.S.A.

Greentree Abusive collection practices Rapid City South Dakota

I have had this loan with Greentree for 8 years and rarely have been late on payments. And never in the last 6 years been late until December when I accidentally confused my car payment with the house payment. The first person that called was somewhat civil although she never failed to call everyday. I assured her I would pay the extra as I could before the end of January she was ok with that but continued to call. My January payment was due on the 15th and I paid extra on that and left me only behind $43.00 which I promised would be all paid by the end of January. After they received the first extra they put a wicked Woman on the case. She called me and demanded I pay her right then when I explained I didn't have the extra I would pay it when I could but it would be before the end of the month. She told me apparently I didn't care about my family having a home jeopardizing foreclosure like I was. She said I was trash for not paying my bills. I informed her all correspondence from her company to me will be made by USPS from now on and hung up on her. The next day I transmitted payment through my banks bill pay which was on a Friday. That meant they would not get the payment until at least Tuesday. On Saturday they did not call me but their computer did demanding I call them on an urgent matter. I did not return the call because I knew what they wanted and I knew I had already paid them.
As of Tuesday the calls stopped and the storm was over.
I can understand contacting someone but the rudeness and constant harassing are inexcusable! This was only $43 but the way I was being spoken to you would have thought I was 6 months behind.
If I owe the money I need to pay it and I have every intention of doing so, but we with loans from this company are in dire straits and unable to get relief. Greentree is a rip-off and a predatory lender I suggest everyone with loans from this place call their Congressman and ask for laws to be passed during this mortgage crisis to help mobile home owners as well as site built homes have an escape from outrageous lending practices from companies like Greentree.

Sparta, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greentree/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Greentree-Abusive-collection-practices-Rapid-City-South-Dakota-417625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greentree