Complaint Review: Greenwald Financial

• Reported By: Bryan — Piedmont Alabama
Greenwald Financial
125 Prosperity Dr Winchester, Alabama USA

Greenwald Financial Eric McDonald MoneyPak Scam Winchester Alabama

I recieved this email a couple of weeks after applying for a loan:

"Hello Bryan,

We are pleased to notify you that your recent loan request for $10,000.00 has been conditionally approved based on our analysis of the credit, employment, income, and asset information that you have provided to us.

We would like to take a more detailed assessment of your finances in order to fully qualify you for the loan amount which you have requested. Attached to this email you will find our Welcome Package with information regarding your loan. Please read through this information and contact us at your earliest opportunity at the number below so we can further discuss the details of your financing. [continued below]....

.....

You have been assigned the following account number, GF-10300. Please quote this number when you call in. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 6 pm EST. Congratulations on your approval, we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Eric McDonald
Greenwald Financial
125 Prosperity Dr
Winchester, VA 22602
Phone: 1- 866-511-7911 ext 504
e-mail: e.mcdonald@greenwaldfinancial.com
web: www.greenwaldfinancial.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for Bryan Huey.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail."

Attached, there was a very convincing PDF document that broke down the loan and loan payments.

I contacted "Eric McDonald" via phone. Again, he was convincing. He then sent me another PDF document that had the loan agreement and was meant for me to print out and sign. He also asked that I send a copy of my license, proof of income, and a voided check to him via fax, along with the signed document.

After I did that, he sent me the instruction as to how to pay a security deposit to insure the loan. He instructed me to go get a GreenDot MoneyPak and send him the card #. I immediately knew then that it was a scam. I confronted him via email, and he has not replied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenwald-Financial/Winchester-Alabama-36272/Greenwald-Financial-Eric-McDonald-MoneyPak-Scam-Winchester-Alabama-1091885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenwald Financial