• Report: #712042

• Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: Larry Beedle — Lone Wolf Oklahoma United States of America
Greyhound Bus Company
Internet, Texas United States of America

Greyhound Bus Company Told Me Ticket Was Refundable When Purchased; Two Days Later, No Refund Internet, Texas

Called and ordered a bus ticket, on my Visa debit card, from Greyhound Bus Company, on March 22, 2011; coming from Portland, Oregon; and going to Elk City, Oklahoma; and I have the confirmation number.

When I bought the ticket, I asked the agent if this ticket was refundable, if I cancelled it; she replied it was refundable, but Greyhound would charge my account $18.00, if I cancelled. I explained that the person I was purchasing the ticket for, was kinda changeable. She repeated about $18.00 cost to cancel this ticket.

On March 25, 2011; my friend said she was not coming to Oklahoma; that she had solved her problem in Portland, Oregon.

I called Greyhound Bus, the ticket agent, at 1-800-231-2222, and asked to cancel the ticket on this same day March 25, 2011; and he told me that my ticket was a non-refundable ticket; tried to explain what the former agent had told me about cancellation; but this agent said that this ticket is non-refundable.

After conferring with my bank; I called the Corporate Offices of Greyhound Bus Company in Dallas, Texas. I asked to speak with a manager; but I was connected to a man named Oscar, employee ID# 5864. Oscar repeated the same words, non-refundable ticket. I told Oscar what the lady agent had said about a refund; he just said nope, this is a done deal; your ticket is non-refundable. Asked Oscar if I could speak with a manager three (3) times and each time he said it will do no good, this ticket is non-refundable, and a manager could not help me. I know what you do to others, will always come back to bite you; I'm 73 years, and I know what I speak; Its called hard experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greyhound-Bus-Company/Internet-Texas-/Greyhound-Bus-Company-Told-Me-Ticket-Was-Refundable-When-Purchased-Two-Days-Later-No-Re-712042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greyhound Bus Company