Complaint Review: Greyhound

• Submitted: Mon, August 22, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 22, 2011

• Reported By: greyhoundsucks — New York New York United States of America
P.O. Box 660691, MS 470, Dallas, TX 75266-0691 Washington, Washington DC United States of America

Greyhound lost/stole my luggage at Washington, Washington DC

I took a greyhound bus from New York City to Washington DC at 08/20/2011. With me
was a suitcase(dark gray, brand: diplomat, one lock on side), which contains my
passport, a laptop and some cloth. After I arrived DC, the greyhound failed to
find the suitcase on the bus. Also, another gentleman could not find his luggage,
either. I described them what my suitcase look like and what are inside the
suitcase. Staff in DC called Baltimore Greyhound, and Baltimore said they found
the two luggages(mine and anohter guy's) and would send them to DC with tags
saying the destination (Washington, DC) by the next bus. At around 1:30 pm
08/22/2011, the other guy got his luggage back and the DC greyhound staff told me
they only received one luggage. After that, I rent a car at DC and went to
Baltimore Greyhound but failed to find my luggage there. [continued below]....
..... According to the DC
staff's word, Baltimore sent TWO luggages for TWO persons to DC. What's more, the
buses they used to deliver the luggage only travels between Baltimore and
Richmond. I personally checked the unclaimed luggages of greyhound in Baltimore
and DC, found nothing. According to the greyhound policy, they will always send a
luggage with a destination tag to the destination. It has been more than 48 hours
after I arrived DC at 9:00 am 08/20/2011, and before I called the greyhound center
in Texas, DC greyhound did not even give me a claim number or something like that.
Since the luggage should arrive DC and the truth is another person got his luggage
which was shipped with my luggage on 08/22/2011, and only some of the staff at DC
knew that I had some valuable things inside the suitcase, and the suitcase cannot
always be on a bus.

I PERSONALLY think that it was the staff at DC Greyhound who
stole my luggage.

At least they should admit that either they did not ship my luggage to the right
place or one/some from greyhound stole my luggage.
(I kindly assume that greyhound can protect the luggages from being taken by other

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2011 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greyhound/Washington-Washington-DC-/Greyhound-loststole-my-luggage-at-Washington-Washington-DC-768290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greyhound