Complaint Review: Greystar Property Management Denver

• Updated: Sat, June 08, 2013

• Reported By: Pearl — Englewood Colorado
Greystar Property Management Denver
Denver, Colorado USA

Greystar Property Management Denver REALLY BAD MANAGEMENT COMPANY Denver Colorado

Greystar was manging Alta Aspen Grove in Littleton. We paid our rent (part of it late) and they told us we owed them $500 in legal fees. They went through the eviction process with us but I worked out a deal to pay the fees with the manager (Tom). However, when I called the court they told me the eviction was going through so we moved out. They then sent us a bill for $7700 early lease cancellation fee etc.

All of this was because we did not have the money to pay their exorbitant fees for paying part of the rent a few days late.

We had wanted to stay through the end of the lease but they gave us no option  but to move. I now am in collections for $7700. Denver Colorado has a lot of awful property mangement companies but this one is the worst. They no longer manage Alta Aspen Grove. The state of Colorado needs to pass legislation to prevent this type of behavior and protect apartment dwellers from exorbitant charges, which is making people miserable.

I reported them to the US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. If there is a lawyer out there who wants to take on our case that would be great! Let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greystar-Property-Management-Denver/Denver-Colorado-701523/Greystar-Property-Management-Denver-REALLY-BAD-MANAGEMENT-COMPANY-Denver-Colorado-1057617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greystar Property Management Denver