Complaint Review: Gripgo

Gripgo
Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

Gripgo bait and switch Wallingford, Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: Bad Marketing, Good Product

I saw this on TV and thought it would be very handy for our RV.  I only wanted to buy one, plus the free one, but I ended up receiving box after box of stuff I did NOT order to the tune of $98.59.  To make it worse, my AMEX card cannot do anything because I never even received an invoice.  Therefore, I have no written proof of what I really ordered.  Gripgo says I can send the extra stuff back, BUT I pay for shipping.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gripgo/Wallingford-Connecticut-/Gripgo-bait-and-switch-Wallingford-Connecticut-1015673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gripgo

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Bad Marketing, Good Product

AUTHOR: The Main Gatekeeper - (USA)

I saw the ad on TV and I wanted one, but I've been burned by companies in the past with the "Buy 1 Get  1 free *just pay separate shipping" tactic before. It is a shame that some decent companies are tarnishing their reputations by dealing in unscrupulous marketing practices such as these. It's true that you're not given the option
I bought one today at a Walmart Neighborhood Market ($10.88 + tax) while grocery shopping, and the product works great. I drove over 200 miles today and haven't had any problems.

My advice is twofold:
Sellers - STOP USING dishonest marketing techniques to make an extra buck. In the long run, a customer with bad experience with your company - while paying for something they DIDN'T want in the first place - will leave a bad taste in their mouths for your company and will guarantee no repeat business or referrals from that individual in the future.

Buyers - Save yourself a lot of grief, have a little patience and 9 times out of 10, the product your in such a hurry to acquire will  pop up in the "as seen on TV" section in your local Wally-World or drugstore (hint hint). The benefits of doing it this way are 1.) You get to see the product and hod it in your own two hands. 2.) You have the option of only buying one item, not being forced to purchase two or more of them. 3.) The store price is usually lower then the TV advertised price by at least 10%, plus there IS NO SHIPPING costs. 4.) If for ANY reason you're not satisfied with what you bought, you can return it - in person - and get your money back immediately. AND LAST BUT MY FAVORITE - 5.) You Do NOT have to give out your personal/credit card information to someone on the other side of the country.