Complaint Review: GTE CU midtown branch

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Thomas — saint petersburg Florida
GTE CU midtown branch
22 ave south, St.Petersburg saint Petersburg , Florida USA

GTE CU midtown branch Still Harrassing me after THEY closed my account saint Petersburg Florida

*Author of original report: Himler one m

*Author of original report: Robert Himmler

*Author of original report: lAll the facts

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Comment: No Employees Here....

*Author of original report: Identity Theft

*Author of original report: Metaus Devroux

*Author of original report: ignorance gets you no where

*Consumer Comment: I read your other report..

So I posted my complaint originaly in July. Here we are days from Sept and these retards are still harassing me and my partner. They now claim after holding my SSA Check(finaly got it) the retards now claim we owe them for bill payment services even though they closed our 9 accounts have lied to each other me and the BBB. And after THEY closed our accounts and we paid them over $200 in supposed outstanding debits now they want $120 for bill pay. This place is the worst most poorly ran staff of idiots at any CU anywhere.If it wasn't for  affirmative action these people would all be on welfare. And to add insult to injury they keep emailing me feel good crap telling me how happy they are that I'm a member and for me to use online services (which by the way their online banking site is compromised it has been hacked more than once) .Bunch of dumbasses running this place, theives and idiots  and bigots. They will steal your money people run if your an unfortunate member and run if your not a member. Consumer BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 11:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GTE-CU-midtown-branch/saint-Petersburg-Florida-33705/GTE-CU-midtown-branch-Still-Harrassing-me-after-THEY-closed-my-account-saint-Petersburg-1079323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GTE CU midtown branch

Himler one m

Robert Himler scam maybe identity theif? Himler poser LMAO

Robert Himmler

AUTHOR: Thomas - ()

WOW really LMAO now. Robert the scam of all scams. Figured you out on the first rebuttal .

lAll the facts

AUTHOR: Thomas - ()

Robert See.allsup.com SSA and medicare site info on electronic deposit protection

Total of 12 accounts since you lose so much sleep over this 2 member share accts.2checking 2savings 2 money market 1 joint 2 people on it its a joint acct. Duh. 2 visas 12 total like its any of your concern

Was running credit union malware protection on home PC.Now get a life.  Your starting to look like my identity theif. Perhaps they should come see you next.

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Really your "topper" is the standard "You must be an employee".  Well sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not this person, I do not work for that Credit Union or in fact ANY credit union.  I think I have been accused of working for no less than a couple dozen companies.  Too bad you had to resort to the lowest common denominator instead of actually trying to take in what was mentioned.

You state that they violated the law by denying you access to your SSA deposit.  Please post the SPECIFIC Federal Law that they violated as that could help many other people in the same situation.

You also originally stated that they probably closed your account because of your sexual orientation..but I pointed out and you didn't actually deny or retract the statement that the only intollerance shown in this situation was yours with your affirmitive action comment.

But the kicker to this is probably how many accounts you say you have.  Yes I am well aware of banks and credit unions trying to get people to open up multiple acccounts.  But you(and your partner) had a grand total of 11..even if that was split down the middle that is still 5/6 accounts for each of you.    You still leave no idea how many accounts you have with them or how many are still open.   Because the latest we have is that out of 11 accounts there were 9 that were closed.  Now since 9 does not equal 11..there is obviously 2 other accounts in some unknown status.

But getting to the monitary issues.  When you paid the $200 did you ask them what it was for?  How about this $120.  I mean if you keep accurate records on your side it should be pretty obvious if their numbers aren't matching up.

Then just one comment on their security.  It actually may be standard that if you put in an invalid security question to go back to a password screen.   Or you may not have been on their site to begin with.  Perhaps you clicked on a bad link that was actually a phishing attempt.

Figuring you have IE.  I have no idea why you got a black bar.  As if there is an invalid certificate the bar you are talking about actually turns red but only after you have confirmed on the web page that you want to continue to the site.  Most likely your black bar is showing up because of a system issue on your computer.  You may have an "add-on" installed that is causing a problem, or you may actually be the one who is in fact compromised with a virus or other malware.

But without seeing you actually do this at that time..all of this is just guesses..but guesses based on experience and knowlege of what "should" be happening.  So while I am sure you will spend the rest of your life thinking it was their site and that it can't be your computer...perhaps you should take a step bank and say.."ummm...well it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure".

No Employees Here....

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Thomas - I'm sorry about what happened to you, but name calling isn't really going to get you anywhere - not to mention the really old and haggard excuse about employees posting here.  You were already an unsympathetic character with the name calling, but the rebuttal thinking someone who dares challenging you must somehow be an employee???  Being wrong here, leads me to believe you were wrong in the CU as well.

You have very few options now.  At this point, you can challenge the $120 payment - but it's probably valid.  Have them give you a breakdown of the $120 amount, and what it's comprised of.  As I said - it's probably valid and you're probably going to have to pay.  On the other hand, you never know.  You also probably need to make certain your bill pay is shut off permanently.  I always loved when people said that they're leaving their bank to go to a CU - only to find stuff like this happening, and then wishing they never left their bank.

Since you're no longer a customer/member, they're not obligated to be nice to you.  Their only obligation is to provide you with some proof as to what comprises the $120.  Until they do, I would not pay them, and tell them so.  Best of luck, and no I'm not an employee.

Identity Theft

AUTHOR: Thomas - ()

So Jim have spent our day documenting GTE employees stumbling all over their stories. You have no accounts open at this time. Your accounts are blocked from online banking. Oh are you calling today to close your accounts. Your accounts are on a fraud alert someone wrote a bad check? (We never even had checks from GTE) would you care to reopen your open, I mean closed, I mean blocked accounts??? Really what bumbling fools they sound like. Can't get the same answer twice from these clowns. LMAO

OH and by the way old Jimbo,  have documentation our accounts were at zero after they were closed all accounts at zero not + or - but zero. And its GTE documentation. And one last thing I am now dealing with Identity theft so you really should mind your own, or maybe YOU know something about the identity theft issue? Perhaps an inquiry should be made to look and see of your connected. You seem to know alot of my personal stuff. Hmmm?

Metaus Devroux

AUTHOR: Thomas - ()

Really and you didn't think I would know its you. Which by the way how many lies have you had to tell since july to keep your job at GTE?

ignorance gets you no where

AUTHOR: Thomas - ()

First of all not all of the accounts were mine, several belonged to my partner  so much with your attempt to call me on bad suspect math. Second the credit union encourages the members to open numerous accounts to  qualify for the CU little advantage program  promotion. Third their online banking site was or still is compromised. You See when I was still a member I went to log in on the online GTE site and I noticed instead of a green address bar with a padlock which means the site is safe the address bar was BLACK, hmmm. So next it asked me my  security question in my security key which being aware then that there was an issue I answered incorrect on purpose to see what would happen ( it should have sent me back to start over) but no it asked me to enter my password, COMPROMISED!!! Finaly they violated federal law by refusal to allow me access to my SSA deposit. Clear violation of Federal law No denying it. And yes majority of midtown

employees  unqualified, call me whatever you want. I have know tolerance for ignorance. So you whoever you are should mind your own and re-read my post so you can get it. They violated the law not me and your am idiot sticking your uninformed opinion in my business.

I read your other report..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

..and it looks like there is a lot of stuff you left out.

First of in one month you opened 11..that is ELEVEN accounts..oh wait..it is now only 9 accounts that they closed.  So did they keep two open or can you not even keep track of how many accounts you opened.

Honestly someone who opens 11 accounts and then within a month or so comes in and says they have suspected fraud..yes a bank would be irresponsible if they didn't tell you to basically freeze those accounts.

Now, I am also sure that you were not the most pleasent person and the reason they didn't want to re-open your accounts is not because of your sexual orientation..but because  of this as well as you were probably too much of a risk for them...again you can't even seem to remember how many accounts you opened up.

It is also very interesting that you are accusing them of discrimination.  Yet you then turn around and make the following statement.

.If it wasn't for  affirmative action these people would all be on welfare.

I think that statement is all that needs to be said about your attitude in this situation.