Complaint Review: Gulstream Bistro

• Reported By: Hbrenda — West Palm Beach Florida
Gulstream Bistro
3815 S. Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach, Florida USA

Gulstream Bistro Sseafood Restaurant West Palm Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Eater beware not a nice or clean place to eat

*Consumer Comment: Well I can see why you no longer work there

I worked at this restaurant very shortly but long enough to see the scams they pull.  First, their lobster are not served fresh they are precooked.  How else can you get a cooked lobster in 10 minutes.  Cusromers think they are getting fresh fish from the market but in fact they are getting old fish in the back.

The owner Michelle is a horrible person! I have never in my life worked for a owner so unexperience and mean.  The chef Simon is very pleasent to deal with  but his wife is rude to customers and has never heard cater to your customers.  I have witness here chasing customers out screaming at them!  Save your money people this place is a huge ripoff and deserves to be closed!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gulstream-Bistro/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/Gulstream-Bistro-Sseafood-Restaurant-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-1049547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gulstream Bistro

Eater beware not a nice or clean place to eat

AUTHOR: I would never work or eat there ever!!! - ()

One afternoon in Nov 2012 our family driving down federal highway in palm beach encountered a place where they were hiring for a position for dish washer part time. My wife and I decided to stop and also eat to see if we would also like the place to enjoy a meal. I decided to enter the place by myself. As soon as i opened the door the strong stench of rotting fish hit me.

I though maybe it hot. I asked about the position hesitating if I really wanted to work at a place I wouldnt even eat in. The response from a man and woman was we have no food come back later. I replied by asking for the position again mid sentence I could not stand the odor of fish and ran out. Explained to my wife it would not be safe to eat there and ended up getting pizza.

Well I can see why you no longer work there

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

It is because you apparently don't know how to cook.

How else can you get a cooked lobster in 10 minutes.

- Well depending on the size the recomended cooking time is between 4-15 minutes, and the average 1 1/2 - 2  lb lobster coooks in about 8-12 minutes.  So 10 minutes is well within that range.

- Really?  So when you hear "fresh fish" you expect the chef in the resturant to personally drive to the "market" every time a fish is ordered?  Perhaps you expect them to pull out their fishing poll and actually go catch it.  I guess you are right, that makes so much more sense then getting a fish delivery and storing them in the refigerator.