Complaint Review: gun owners legal defense network

• Submitted: Thu, June 06, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: Michael Walker — Cadott Wisconsin
gun owners legal defense network
Berea, Ohio USA

gun owners legal defense network Insurance Scam, Fraud, Illegal Berea Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Michael Walker was rejected by our company

Robert Surgenor is Rude and arrogant, I got a solicitation from them to sell to my students some sort of legal defense plan, when I emailed for more info and questions, no one responded, I went to their website and filled out a contact form, and still no response, well then I called and all I got was a voice mail. Then I left a message and the guy finally calls me and tells me he was to busy on the phone and to busy to answer my questions and to call Bryan Sears who contacted me, well I said I did..and don't want to deal with him, so Robert told me he would call me back..well he never did. Then I posted on their facebook page my displeasure with them and they scolded me and took it off and said they would get backl to me shortly, well he never did again.. Then when I said what I thought about how they conducted them selves and how I would post reviews of how i was treated they told me Quote We don't plan on "getting back to you shortly," and your veiled threat is "not a good idea. [continued below]....

....." I would suggest that you just forget about the Gun Owners Legal Defense Network. End Quote..make your own decision...

I also think it is illegal to act like an insurance compnay and not be bonded in Ohio..I will be reporting them shortly and update you in the meantime he attacked me and my business on the ripp off report when I did not business with this man at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gun-owners-legal-defense-network/Berea-Ohio-44017/gun-owners-legal-defense-network-Insurance-Scam-Fraud-Illegal-Berea-Ohio-1056843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gun owners legal defense network

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Michael Walker was rejected by our company

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

This is Robert Surgenor from the Gun Owners Legal Defense Network. I spent my career as a police officer and detective dealing with nuts. I'm finding the business world is also filled with them.

Our non-profit organization offers legal protection to gun owners. We utilize concealed carry instructors to promote our business. But we are very particular about what gun instructors we use. They must be exemplary, honest, and above reproach. We do not want to be associated with nuts.

Which is why we rejected Michael Walker's attempt to become part of our network. It was then that the psychotic behavior began. Mr. Walker began threatening our company and as he states in his post on the Ripoff Report, "Then I posted on their facebook page my displeasure with them." He then sent us an email stating, "I'm giving you one more chance to redeem yourself." This guy was actually threatening our company to consider his services "or else."

We then did some research on Michael Walker (you can read the complaints at the web links below) and discovered that this type of behavior has occurred on many prior occasions with other people. One of his concealed carry students stated on a Ripoff Report, "I thought he was insane." Another one of his customers writes on another Ripoff Report, "This man is a psychopath, a liar, and a fraud." Another Ripoff Report statement says, "he is a long time scammer, with a really bad ego problem." Another statement says, "He threatens everyone, and does his best to scam people."

I encourage anyone reading Michael Walker's complaint against the Gun Owners Legal Defense Network to read the complaints against him by clicking on the links below. I think you'll understand why we decided not to use Mr. Walker in our company. All of our gun instructors are reliable people. Michael Walker is certainly less than reliable, and more than likely unstable.