Complaint Review: gurlmedia.com

• Submitted: Fri, April 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Woodland HIlls California

gurlmedia.com allgame media LLC ripoff if you sign up for free trial membership and give them your credit card as required by them Internet

They offer media and game downloads with a FREE trial membership but they require your credit card.  Then they bill you $34.95/mo.  Since you didn't expect the billing, if you don't watch your statement carefully, the billing will continue indefinitely!

I finally caught the fraud after 3 months and I requested a refund from them.  They gave me a confirmation number and agreed to stop further billing and issue the credit.  Then they continued one more billing and issues one credit only and never issued the remaining prior credits.  I contacted them once again and they insisted they issued the full credit.

I contacted my credit card company and we ultimately had a conference call with a Gurlmedia supervisor who made the same claims that they had issued a refund already.  I told them they needed to provide PROOF of the refund since the Credit card company was online with us.  At that point the Gurlmedia rep got huffy and I said if you do not provide the requested proof I will ask my bank to withdraw the money from your bank account.  The rep abruptly hung up on the conference call; not exactly an indication of a professional organization!  My bank will issue the refund by removing 3 months of charges, the max they can pull back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/gurlmediacom/internet/gurlmediacom-allgame-media-LLC-ripoff-if-you-sign-up-for-free-trial-membership-and-give-t-1044571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on gurlmedia.com