Complaint Review: Gwatney Buick GMC

• Reported By: mrs p — Bryant Arkansas
Gwatney Buick GMC
5700 Landers Road Sherwood, Arkansas USA

Gwatney Buick GMC Cracks in the deal Sherwood Arkansas

I purchased a vehicle from Gwatney Buick GMC. The vehicle I purchased was a used vehicle and at the time was being driven by one of their employees. It was a deal that was going very smooth on paper. I took delivery of vehicle that day and was told to bring it back for therepairs that needed to bedone. No problem. I made the appointment, took car in for repairs, was given a courtesy car to drive, no problem.

When I picked my vehicle up (3days later) of the following things that were suppose to be done: stain on seats, oil change (had 4% oil life when I bought it), scratches on exterior of vehicle and dent in door. Of those things the only thing that was done was seats had been cleaned (I still have stain to prove it), and someone who was color blind had used touchup paint that was 2 shades darker than my car, and had applied touch up paint so thick that it had bubbles in it. I immediately went to salesman who looked at my car, showed my car to the sales manager, they got a good chuckle and said bring it back. During this time the cracked windshield went from a small web crack to a full blown crack (surprise surprise....its in the heat of July). oh and during this time the "We Owe You" paperwork that was signed in initial paperwork has conveniently come up missing.

I take the vehicle back for the issues to befixed only this time I had to pay for a "courtesy" car.  I was called and told my car was ready and everything had been fixed and looked "real purdy". I picked up my car only to discover that the dent in the door was the only thing fixed. I go see my salesman and was told, well we cant fix the windshield, get stains out of seats or fix touch up paint because we really lost money on your car deal. Our finance guy almost lost his job bc he put your numbers in wrong with the finance company so you should just get your insurance company to pay for it.

We have always been very loyal to this dealership. Infact, we purchased 7 cars in a 2 year time span, between me, my husband, and grown children.

i have also been a stickler for making payments on time and watching my credit score. In August I noticed my credit score went down, to my surprise it was bc when I purchased my vehicle, with the push of the enter key by the finance department my deal was sent to 25....yes twenty five finance companies!! When I called the dealership to inquire aboutthis,I was told that is common practice!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gwatney-Buick-GMC/Sherwood-Arkansas-72117/Gwatney-Buick-GMC-Cracks-in-the-deal-Sherwood-Arkansas-1093476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gwatney Buick GMC