Complaint Review: H AND R BLOCK

• Reported By: paul the pest — Waco Texas
H AND R BLOCK
408B N.VALLEY MILLS DR. WACO,TX 76710 WACO, Texas USA

H AND R BLOCK INORDINATELY HIGH TAX PREP FEE WACO Texas

preparer. Over the yearsI have developed several small income streams, including stock in seral partnerships and trusts related to the gas and oil industry.

My return is  more complicated than normal, but I had always handled iton my own.. The H and R blocklocal franchise office I took my data to took  over a week to finallize my return and called me in to review it and sign for it. It was the last day before the weekend prior to the filing deadline, .

Although my taxable income was under $75k, the preparation fee was $882 !!!! I paid it butimmediately filed a complaint with the H & R BLOCK home office in Kansas City.They turned it back over tothe local franchieseoffice.

To the credit of their year round office mgr , shedidfindtheperttimepreparerfailed to consolidate some info that wouldhahereducedmyfee, She secured a $196 refund for me.

However, it still cost me a net fee of $686.

So beware H & R BLOCk if you have incone streams be sides salary or Social Security .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2013 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/H-AND-R-BLOCK/WACO-Texas-76710/H-AND-R-BLOCK-INORDINATELY-HIGH-TAX-PREP-FEE-WACO-Texas-1104285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H AND R BLOCK