Complaint Review: habitat for humnity

• Updated: Wed, July 31, 2013

• Reported By: jeannie — east st louis Illinois
habitat for humnity
430 wimmer place east st louis, Illinois USA

habitat for humnity i have tried to get balance of my mortage since feb of this year and all i get is the round around east st louis Illinois

I moved into a house I am buying from habitat for humanity in 1997.  The house inspecter for East St. Louis pass it and it should have never passed inspection.  The house was never rewired, all the window frames are rotten, the gutters should have been replaced and the plumbing is shot.  Burnt wood was used in the garage.  I complained and complained about this and nothing was ever done.  When I called the headquarters in Georgia,  the lady said we haven't had any complaints from anyone else that bought a house and that I had been in the house for a while so she was really saying nothing is going to be done.  Habitat moved.  Just up and disappeared and did not send anyone any letters to let anyone know this.  The only letter I got from them was to let me know where so send my payments,  to a bank in Edwardsville Illinois.  I called headquarters again about habitat and it really is a waste of time.  I asked for a balance of my mortgage in Feb. of this year and as of today I haven't received anything. It's like dealing with invisible people because there is no one that can help.  Who am I paying my money too?   I feel that someone should be going to jail and the Fbi should look into Habitat because I  believe corruption  was going on,  just like everything else in East St.Louis.  The house I got from Habitat is a shade tree house.  I can't afford to make the repairs that they should have done.  This is a rehab house.  There is no Habitat in East St. Louis, Illinois anymore.  They just uped and left with no warning.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/habitat-for-humnity/east-st-louis-Illinois-62205/habitat-for-humnity-i-have-tried-to-get-balance-of-my-mortage-since-feb-of-this-year-and-1071820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on habitat for humnity