Complaint Review: Half Price Furniture

• Reported By: B S — Las Vegas Nevada
Half Price Furniture
4449 W. Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Half Price Furniture A bed that collapses after six months Las Vegas Nevada

I bought a platform bed from this company last June or July.  In December it collapsed: the wooden slats "bowed," meaning they curved and caused them to slip out of the slots they fit into which are plastic slots that snap into the metal frame.  I called the company and they advised me when I put it back together again to put the slats with the curve upward.  All this does is "reset" the process, since a month later it collapsed again, the slats having once again bowed the other way.  I put it together AGAIN, and AGAIN.

Finally I called the company again and told them this was unacceptable and what were they going to do about it.  They informed me that the bed had a 30-day warranty and so there was nothing they were going to do about it.  I filed a complaint with the BBB and they told them the same thing, so now I am out the money I paid for this piece of junk and am stuck having to buy another bed or drastically modify this one so that it no longer can collapse.  I am disgusted that a company could sell crap like this and get away with it, but obviously that's what's happening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Half-Price-Furniture/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89108/Half-Price-Furniture-A-bed-that-collapses-after-six-months-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1122730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Half Price Furniture