Complaint Review: half.com Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, November 18, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, November 20, 2010

• Reported By: liahg8567 — New Hampshire United States of America
half.com Inc.
2145 Hamilton Ave Internet United States of America

half.com Inc. half.ebay.com no refund, shady business practices, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Such BS

*Consumer Comment: did you try this?

So, initially ive always had a pleasant experience with half.com. Unfortunately that all changed recently. Im a very patient person I might add. I purchased a textbook for one of my classes a couple days before the class started, on Oct. 30th, the class started nov. 5th or something. So anyways, after a week i didn't hear anything from the seller about shipping and the site said items must be shipped in 24 hours. I tried to contact the seller with no success, i still have not heard from them to this day. (a month later). I have contacted, or i should say attempted to contact, the customer service department for half.com with no success. The have not responded to one of my emails. my initial email was a week after my order, it has now been about 4 weeks since my first initial contact with them.

Their website states that it may take 24-48 hours for a customer service rep to return your email. Yeah, that's a complete joke. I don't even think they have a customer service department. I've been requesting a refund because the seller will not answer me and i need my money back because i can not afford to pay for another textbook on top of the one that I paid for and never received. NOt to mention that my classes have already started and I am now in jeopardy of failing my classes because i don't have the textbook or my refund!! I am so completely and utterly frustrated, and disgusted that they are allowed to do business with consumers this way. How can you have a business and just not answer customers who have issues?? That is so unethical it's not even funny. Not to mention on the BBB they are not accredited and as it stands, they have a D- as a rating. And better your a** i reported them to the FTC and BBB. I wish they would be shut down!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2010 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/halfcom-Inc/internet/halfcom-Inc-halfebaycom-no-refund-shady-business-practices-Internet-663742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on half.com Inc.

Such BS

AUTHOR: Laura - ()

Half.com is a rip off I am too going through this also. Sorry, you take my  money but it takes you more than 60 days to refund? Customer service 24-72hours? Yeah try over 5 days. Will never be stupid enough to use this scam company. I should of read RIP OFF to find out if I was wasting time and money.

did you try this?

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

...granted it won't help the fact that not having the book may cause you to fail anything, but there is a buyer protection that will at least get you a refund. The second step states you could have filed a claim for item not received after the ETA date has passed. So why did you not file after the 24 hours like you stated in the report the site says it must be shipped? Then you may not have failed if this was resolved in time. Some sellers slack off..but sometimes a dispute claim wakes them up pretty fast.

..here are the steps..good luck..

What are the Guidelines for the Buyer Protection Policy?

When you order on Half.com, we provide an estimated arrival date for each item in your order. The vast majority of the items you order will arrive within that timeframe. In rare instances, items will take somewhat longer to arrive due to shipping carrier delays and other factors beyond the seller's control. Because of this, we encourage buyers to contact their seller through the Half.com Email Forwarding System. Most issues can be resolved amicably via email between buyer and seller. A Buyer Protection Claim cannot be filed until the seller has been contacted at least once via the Email Forwarding System.

The "Contact Seller" button should be visible as soon as a buyer places an order.

The "File Claim" button should be visible 2 working days after the "Contact Seller" button has been used.  Buyers may file a claim for "not received" after the estimated arrival date has passed.

Buyers have a maximum of 60 days from the date of the order to file a Buyer Protection Claim.  **Note: the "Contact Seller" button must have been used first allowing for 48 business hours to have passed so that a claim can be filed by the 60th day.