languages

• Updated: Fri, September 09, 2011

• Reported By: Eaglemom — Acworth Georgia United States of America
half.com

half.com HALF.COM AND CUSTOMER NO SERVICE, Internet

Let me begin with the bottom line first - do not buy from half.com. A couple of years ago I purchased a text book which I could not find used anywhere else.  Everything went just fine.  So this year when I needed two books that I could not find at a good price elsewhere I purchased them from half.com.  The first seller was extremely slow in mailing the book.  I contacted the seller and they replied very quickly and said they would mail the book the next day.  This did not happen.  A week later the book arrived and had a post mark of the previous day!  The seller lives in the same city that I do.The second book I purchased from a different seller and it has never arrived.  Of course I've contacted them twice and half.com customer service.  The only response I got was canned.

Half.com charges your credit card right after you purchase it even though the seller has 72 hours to mail the book.  Amazon does not charge your account until the book is mailed.  I was only able to 'file a claim' to request a refund after about 3 weeks.  Their policy states that it may take up to a month to resolve this claim.  If you wait this long you will have no rights with your credit card company to do a charge back.  So I will be making my charge back request now.  I am an Amazon seller and buyer and I have to say that I have never had a problem with Amazon.  I have learned my lesson with half.com and others should be aware of their practices as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/halfcom/internet/halfcom-HALFCOM-AND-CUSTOMER-NO-SERVICE-Internet-774900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on half.com