Complaint Review: halfcosttix.com

• Updated: Sun, July 29, 2012

• Reported By: TOM — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
halfcosttix.com
LOS ANGELES, California United States of America

halfcosttix.com [email protected], Isellmovieticket.com, Halfpricetix.com, Frugalflicks.com, FRAUD FAKE SCAM LOS ANGELES, California

*Consumer Comment: Where are all those positive reviewers at now???

*Consumer Comment: love this site halfcosttix

*Consumer Comment: 2nd Positive Experience

*Consumer Comment: My experience has been positive 3X

*Consumer Comment: Positive experience ONCE

I purchased invalid tickets using their website. It was embarrassing trying to use them at the theater. I was told that Halfcosttix.com was a fraudulent website based in Sweden and that the tickets are invalid. They use Fandango to send you the tickets. Halfcosttix has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and Fandango WILL NOT HELP YOU if you happen to have a problem.

I read many comments online that they illegally use someone else's credit card to pay Fandango full price and charge you half price + "Service Fee" for their profit. ON THE HOMEPAGE IT TELLS YOU NOT TO SHOW YOUR CREDIT CARD IF ASKED FOR ONE... ^^ THIS IS WHY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2011 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/halfcosttixcom/LOS-ANGELES-California-/halfcosttixcom-halfcosttixgmailcom-Isellmovieticketcom-Halfpricetixcom-Frugalflick-680799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on halfcosttix.com

Where are all those positive reviewers at now???

AUTHOR: Greg - (United States of America)

The ICE And Homeland Security took down the website because for Fraud and Money Laundering. Where are all those who were claiming that it truly was a legitimate site?

halfcosttix.com

love this site halfcosttix

AUTHOR: happening - (United States of America)

I have used this site for over 2 years with out it I could not talk
take family to movies. I have passed it on to lots of friends. I think who ever is Calling this a scam did something wrong bought wrong tickets or at wrong theater, oops that can happen. or movie people don't A
want us to use it! I love this site no problems ever. I'm using them today

2nd Positive Experience

AUTHOR: Robbone - (United States of America)

I have to say I had a second + experience with this company.  The "pay after you watch" is a little odd along with the Amazon gift card deal but hey, I bought 4 adult tickets at 50% off plus .75 convenience fee per ticket so I'm a satisfied repeat customer.  We usually go during the week and buy them a couple of days in advance.  Maybe that is the difference??  I'll keep you posted if anything changes but I can't speak negative of this company.

My experience has been positive 3X

AUTHOR: shakurav - (Virgin Islands (US))

I have had positive experience with halfcosttix.xom.  I have used them 3 times, the most recent one today for the midnight show of Green Lantern at my local theater.   Each time, it worked fine.  This last time, I was able to pay using an Amazon gift card, emailed to them.    I think the first and the second time, I might have used a credit card.  as far as I know, they did not scam my credit card.   These rumors elsewhere that they scam some people's credit cards and then use that to purchase tickets from Fandango, where is the evidence? I thought we were not supposed to make allegations here with no evidence.  I have seen NO evidence of this.  Anyone can claim anything on the internet (including, I suppose this very comment).
My experience has been I have saved approximately $16 on 6 adult tickets, 4 bargain matinees (approx $8 there) and $8 for this midnight show, which was full price 21.50.  I paid $12.25 with the Amazon gift card.  It might be true that it is too good to be true, and that someone is losing money, but I would need to see some hard evidence of this, not mere complaints.
  I have also found they alway respond to emails, and one time when I was concerned that the above complaint would happen, I emailed them and they responded with my confirmation number right away.

Positive experience ONCE

AUTHOR: Robbone - (United States of America)

Granted one + experience does not a reliable retailer make.  However, I did receive my half priced tickets in a timely manner, printed them up and had no issues using them in the theater.  I e-mailed them 3 times during this process and they responded almost immediately and e-spoke kindly.  They did not let you know prior to ordering that it could be 1 hr. before showtime to receive tickets and that their would be a foreign transaction fee associated with your purchase.  We went on a Tuesday which probably helped our cause.  They were issued via Fandango.  I'm not saying I would use them frequently b/c It sounds like it is

hit-or-miss with these guys but I was lucky and had no issues.