Complaint Review: halfoffdeals.com

• Updated: Mon, October 19, 2009

• Reported By: Angie — Danville Indiana USA
halfoffdeals.com
650 S. Prospect Ave., Ste. 200 Hartville, Ohio United States of America

halfoffdeals.com Neofill LLC Selling gift certificates to defunct restaurants Hartville, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Still Up to Their Old Tricks

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service Assistance

Halfoffdeals.com sells half-price gift certificates to restaurants.  At least one of these restaurants (Jugheads Backyard BBQ) is out of business.

I notified halfoffdeals that Jugheads was out of business.  Not only did they ignore my e-mail, they continue to market the Jugheads gift certificates.

I have asked for a refund and get no response from customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2009 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/halfoffdealscom/Hartville-Ohio-44632/halfoffdealscom-Neofill-LLC-Selling-gift-certificates-to-defunct-restaurants-Hartville-O-511174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on halfoffdeals.com

Still Up to Their Old Tricks

AUTHOR: David R - (USA)

NeoFill is still selling certificates for a restaurant in Honolulu that will close at the end of the month. NeoFill is worthless. Customer service is terrible. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get them to respond. They are not the only game in town (e.g., Groupon, LivingSocial) and we will be glad to be rid of them. With their exorbitant fees for doing nothing, it is amazing to me that they can still remain in business.

Customer Service Assistance

AUTHOR: CSDept - (USA)

Good Morning,

I am commenting on this site to see if I can be of some assistance. My name is Caitlin and I am the Director of Customer Care at NeoFill. I would first like to say that we take our Customer Service very seriously here. Unfortunately we have no control over the closing of an establishment however I can assure you that we do not intentionally sell gift certificates to defunct businesses. If we receive word from a credible source that a merchant has closed their doors, the offer on our site is immediately removed so that no one unintentionally purchases a certificate to a closed business. I would sincerely appreciate you providing more information regarding who you sent your complaint to, etc. so that I can further assist you. I, along with my friendly Customer Service Team can be reached Toll Free at 1.866.311.9806. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you with your complaint!