• Submitted: Mon, June 06, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: rob — avon lake Ohio United States of America
1002 pennsylvania ave laporte, Indiana United States of America

HALL OF FAME TRUCKING scam recruiter impersonating a trucking company! laporte, Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: People with to Much Time on Their Hands!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hall of Fame practices and facts

*UPDATE Employee: Brian Foss-Hall of Fame Trucking

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Response to KAT

*General Comment: ?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Update on my last post

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Same thing happened to me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You guys are on the right track, BUT.......

*Consumer Comment: Beware of Hall of Fame Trucking

*Consumer Comment: false advertisement

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Can't make everyone happy in this industry

Drivers looking for employment. beware of   small business scam called "Hall Of Fame Trucking ". they are not a trucking company at all, but a bunch of deceptive scammers. run by a freak criminal named. "Kelly Kubit",who says he is a"driver placement  specialist.

He tries to get your ss# and other personal information, but I believe he is trying to steal ids.

and or lead drivers to phony trucking jobs just a warning stay away from these crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2011 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HALL-OF-FAME-TRUCKING/laporte-Indiana-46350/HALL-OF-FAME-TRUCKING-scam-recruiter-impersonating-a-trucking-company-laporte-Indiana-737637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HALL OF FAME TRUCKING

People with to Much Time on Their Hands!

AUTHOR: BillyBob - ()

All I read from the Anonomous user was that their is an Obvous Reson they are Not at All Successful as a 3rd party contract recruiter!

Thought I'd respond line by line to this Rant.

•  Apparently the Anonomous user should get into a field of background checks, because I am sure the anonomous user has No skeletons to be found.
  • Fact Number 1: Anonomous User, YOU Agreed to work for Kelly Kubit even when their are and were other agencies to recruit for that includes the payment schedule provided to YOU. Yep, you could have gone elewhere!
  • Fact Number 2: Glad to hear you have a 9 to 5 Job. With the modern technology today, you can block calls from certain numbers and simply delete emails that you don't want to read.
  • Fact Number 3: You already established that you left and you "think" you know things about other people. If you're going to post stuff, POST the Facts, not what you assume!
  • Fact Number 4: Already responded to this in Fact Number 1. YOU Agreed to the pay schedule and if and when there was a delay, YOU Still Agreed to work with Kelly! If you were FORCED to stay, I am sure that's illegal in most states?
  • Fact Number 6: I feel like I am repeating myself to Fact Number 1, again. This time I want to say; in closing, and I've already said it, if you don't like where you are, MOVE on. I am sure you that in all of the time, energy and money you spent in background checks on Kelly, you may have had a pretty good day, since your no longer recruiting!

GOSSP, GOSSIP, GOSSIP. Even the name has a "hiss" in it, Just Like the Snake!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hall of Fame practices and facts

AUTHOR: Former recruiter - ()

I worked with Mr. Kubit (Patrick Kelly Kubit) for a few years as an independent contractor, in fact I joined him shortly after he started Hall of Fame Trucking. The exact amount he shorted me over the years is hard to tell as it would require going back through dozens of invoices and files and as our agreement was verbal he would only deny it anyway. I know there is no chance he'll “man up” and make things right with me, the person who posted below or anyone else who had the misfortune of doing business with him.

I chose to post this since Kelly has found it necessary to continually call and send harrassing emails. I would much rather just stick to my 9-5 life and let Mr. Kubit dig his own hole but since he finds it necessary to harrass me, I'm going to share his ways with the world.

For the record I left him a couple months ago and no longer recruit for anyone. If you search third party truck driver recruiters you will find a few listed, I know of a couple and my understanding is they are honest, fair and pay better and in a timely fashion. I do not know for sure but it is my understanding the person defending Kelly below is in fact working for both him and a group called Sterling. Again, I do not know this to be true but it would say something about his character in general and how much he truly respects Kelly.

Our arrangement was I would recruit drivers and Kelly would invoice the carriers for all hired drivers. And that he did. The issue was, he said he would pay me 80% of what he invoiced immediately upon receipt of payment from the carriers. These carriers do not negotiate prices from one group to the next, they pay every outside agency the same and in the same amount of time. Kelly claimed he was being paid around 20-30% less than he actually was and therefore paying me considerably less than the 80% he promised me. Additionally, he would take weeks, sometimes months to pay while all the other services pay on average within 10 to 14 days. In fact, one guarantees 14 days, another will “advance” their recruiters payment the day a driver is hired. Although, I had heard these discrepancies for some time, I stayed with Kelly because I really didn't want to bother changing to another group.

The breaking point for me was when Kelly insisted on micro-managing my business when I was supposed to be an independent contractor (my own boss!) and then sent me a “non compete” agreement barring me from working in the industry for a year if I did leave him and then he claimed this was standard in the industry. Before deciding to quit recruiting all together, I did speak to the two largest agency, both have excellent reputations, partner with more than 100 recruiters each and neither asked me to sign any contract and offered better pay on the terms listed above. In short, Kelly has dreams of becoming large like his competitors but is willing to lie to and steal from the people who make his business successful. He has not recruited a driver in over 3 years but will tell you stories of grandeur. He only has about 10 or so carriers to recruit for making it very difficult for you as a recruiter while his competitors have upwards of 60 choices as to where to place applicants. I know I'll never get my money from Mr.Kubit and honestly I don't care. I hope this serves as warning to any individual or trucking company the character of Kelly Kubit and you choose to do the wise thing and walk away. Feel free to challenge my statements- search public records in LaPorte county, In and LasVegas, Nv to see the type of person Kelly is, then contact some other recruiting agencies and ask for information to compare to Kelly. Don't take my word, but I guarantee you will be glad you did your due diligence before partnering with this “snake oil salesman”.

Brian Foss-Hall of Fame Trucking

AUTHOR: Brian Foss - ()

I am a Successful Recruiter for Hall of Fame Trucking, AKA Kelly Kubit and if You are wanting Bad stuff on him, this is the Wrong Post to be reading! Many people want a "easy" job to do and make bunches of money with little effort, don't we all! Recruiting from home with the leisure of clicking through your favorite tv shows and expecting 100k per year, even typing it sounds fun! The down side to recruiting for ANY company, yes you do need to turn off FB, or whatever your favorite playtime/past time may be and actually WORK! You are probably wondering what I make this year, I might hit 50k this year but I still have 6 weeks to go and yes holidays are the worst for recruiters. I know that truck driver typically say that all recruiters lie all the time, that is not true, I have witnessed Kelly Kubit of Hall of Fame Trucking actually fire recruiter(s) for maliciously lying to drivers. See, what truck drivers, well most of them don't realize is that NO ONE gets paid for turning in an application, so where is the incentive for ANYONE at Hall of Fame lying to you?

Now you may be asking so why is their EX Hall of Fame Recruiters on here whining? I think I already answered that!

In MY Time with Kelly Kubit AKA Hall of Fame Trucking, I have never EVER been shorted ONE Single Penny!

Like Every Job from McDonalds to President, IF YOU Sign up to do something and don't feel like doing it because whatever your lame reason is, YOU will be let go from ANY organization!

Rarely do I respond to ignornace and laziness. If you feel like finding out more me, Brian Foss 888-275-6159 ext. 101 fax 888-259-6907 and email: brianftrans@gmail.com

I will defend Kelly Kubit of Hall of Fame Truckin!

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Response to KAT

AUTHOR: old spice - ()

I do have the information on the carriers that Kelly Kubit hires for.
When I quit recruiting for him he had 9 companies that he was contracted with. I find it odd that you worked with Kelly so far back, because acording to what he tells recruits and recruiters, he was a truck driver. lol

Unless the list has changed since February they are:
Both CRST companies
CR Eng.
And I think he signed up with Prime, or Pride after? Unless that was just a story he told another former recruiter, while trying to talk them into staying.

I would think these companies would be quite interested in knowing who is representing them? I think the only reason he is able to stay in operation is because he has a great line and comes across as very real and genuine. There are several of us out here now, that know otherwise. I was just contacted this week by yet anther recruiter that is going to leave him, but they are trying to fly under the radar until he pays them what is owed. This is now the second recruiter to tell me the same story.

All I know is that I'm happy to work with an honest agency that not only pays us weekly, but through their system the carrier notifies us when they have actually paid the agency for our driver. Total integrity, because this agency has nothing to hide, unlike Kelly!

#5 General Comment

I know Kubit. He used to be a recruiter for KAT Trucking/Transit Group, that is no longer in business. I am a regional recruiting and driver development director for one of the largest trucking companies in the country. We were former associates years ago and would like to know these companies he recruits for. Does Ex Employee have any info on this? I have business associates and friends with lots of transportation co all over the US. I wonder if they know who they are dealing with?

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Update on my last post

AUTHOR: old spice - ()

This is for those of you that have asked me to post my progress from time to time, so you can be kept up to date through the notifier emails. I opened a claim against Hall of Fame Trucking last week with Scam Book and also filed a complaint with the Indiana Attorney Generals office. I was just notified of their intentions today and it looks good. I also filed with the California AG's office, since I reside here and they will be contacting me also. There are answers guys! More than anything, we need to protect other people from getting involved with this guy and being ripped off.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: bccs - ()

i used to work for this dude too and the same thing happened to me. he still owes me for work i did there and used all kinds of lies to weasel out of paying me. when i moved on he called me up and ripped me a new one for leaving.

if his companies knew how he really was things would probably end for his company. kelly is so self righteous he would talk down to us like we were 5 year olds. i dont see how this guy stays in business?

i had had also heard that he liked to pretend he was a driver i heard team driver. i know i will never get my money from this scammer but i guess i need to take it as a lesson learned. i say the same thing, stay away from this out fit!

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You guys are on the right track, BUT.......

AUTHOR: old spice - ()

I am a former recruiter for Hall of Fame Trucking and I would like to add a few things to this thread. First of all, Hall of Fame Trucking is an honest to goodness recruitment agency, hiring for 9 major national carriers. That is about the only honest part of this company!

Big lie, Kelly Kubit is not, nor has he ever been a truck driver. Also, he is NOT a fourth generation truck driver, from a trucking family. He has been a recruiter for the industry for 15 years now and his dad is an accountant. Neither one of them has been in a truck, much less ever driven one! That is a lie he tells in order to build a bond with drivers, which most see right through.

He is a capable recruiter and knows the carriers that he recruits for well, but at the same time, is as dishonest as they come. I worked for him for several months and finally left to recruit for an honest and solid agency. In the last 4 or 5 months, Kelly has lost a boat load of recruiters because of how dishonest he is and the fact that he is not paying his recruiters for the work they do. He claims that the carriers have not paid him yet, but after checking with the carriers in question,
they confirmed payout. If anyone reading this is considering working for this fly by night company, DO NOT DO IT!!!

At that company there are conference calls that we were required to be on. On one of these calls Kelly was actually coaching the recruiters on how to lie to the drivers, in order to get them to orientation, so he could bill out for them. Speaking for myself (and maybe the 7 other recruiters who are no longer there), I am glad I am out of that deceitful, dishonest and rip off company! By his practices he is giving the companies he hires for a bad name.

Beware of Hall of Fame Trucking

AUTHOR: supertrucker - (United States of America)

You're right this company is a bunch of scammers. I am trucker of approx 20 years and was looking for a driving job that was close to home to get a little more money saved before retirement. I came across Hall of Fame Trucking and tried to give them a call. I called at least a thousand times and no one ever answered. Then I came across this website with others who been scammed by this so called company. I began to read all the reports.

Hey Kelly if you are just trying to put food on the table for your family....why not answer the phone if you want to hire drivers. Then I did a little research to find a company tax ID or their DOT number to see if it was a real company and could not find any such info website or anything else that would give me someone to contact regarding a job with this company.

All I can tell you drivers that are looking for a good company to driver for is do your research carefully cause there are lots of people that are lazy and dont like to work and just steal others hard earned money.  If this so called Kelly Kubit wants to reply to this and give some info I like to know what is going on but I have been in this industy far to long to think that will happen. I will also report Hall of Fame trucking to the better business bureau and let them know about this joke of a company.

false advertisement

AUTHOR: angrytrucker - (United States of America)

i'm glad i googled this company's name and came across this report before applying. you currently have a add posted on monster careers and simply hired.com that states "local trucking company seeking regional driver, home every weekend" I checked out the "hall of fame trucking" website. it was redicoulus, there was no info about equipment, lots of stories about drivers retireing from this company but the whole thing just looked wrong. this is infact false advertisment. if your just a recruiter then advertise as such. don't make false implications about how great hall of fame trucking is and all drivers that driver for this company when in fact its not a trucking company at all, just a recruiter looking for info.

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Can't make everyone happy in this industry

AUTHOR: Kelly - (United States of America)

My name is Kelly Kubit.  I've been in the recruiting business for appoximately 14 years.  I am fourth generation truck driver myself.  I have never, would never and will never share a driver's personal information.  I need a driver's social security number license number and birthdate to submit and receive MVRs, DAC reports and get criminal background checks.  I represent a handful of trucking companies across the United States.  These are major companies that need to know about a driver's background so they can determine if that driver meets their company's hiring guidelines.

Most drivers I have talked to over the years have no problem sharing that information with me so we can process their application prior to them showing up to orientation.  The worst thing in our business is to not know something about a driver prior to them coming hundreds of miles to our orientation and then being sent home because we did not run the proper reports and the driver did not fulfill the hiring requirments.

I remember Rob from Avon Lake.  He was adament that I be able to hire him without running his reports.  I asked him if there were things in his background that he did not want me to know about and then Rob became very upset with my question and called me every name in the book.  I told him I would be embarrassed to hire someone like him for one of my companies.  I told him I wished him and his family nothing but the best and hung up the phone.

I'm just trying to put food on my family's table.  I pride myself in being honest in this buiseness.  If my programs do not fulfill what the driver's requirement's are then I always say "no problem".

Bottom line is in this business you can't always make everyone happy.