stick

Complaint Review: Hank Thompson, Sr. Recruiter, HR Division Of Career Network, Inc. Also Listed As

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 29, 2008

• Reported By:Hawkinsville Georgia
P.O. Box 618305 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Hank Thompson, Sr. Recruiter, HR Division Of Career Network, Inc. Also Listed In E-mail As Synergy Careers Today Be wary when something seems too good to be true.... Orlando Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Please allow me to clear up the issue

I love the internet. Some of my most rewarding employment opportunities have come from online sites. So now when I search for employment, I research a prospective employer as thoroughly (if they are considering employing me) as they research me.

So I find myself posting today out of frustration! As I mentioned earlier some of the best employment opportunities I have had have originated from employment sites on the internet with online postings on CL for "help wanted" for actual jobs. In the past, the prospective employers I was connected with were 100% LEGITIMATE & REAL. The ability to use my skills & talents to enhance their companies was very rewarding. I am now finding that predators are lurking in "cyberspace" seeking honest job seekers to lead astray and are offended when you call them on their "shady" postings. BE WARY!

When you receive an e-mailed reply to a job posting, be wary if anonymity is the only constant. The e-mail reply I received from Career Network, Inc. also listed as Synergy Careers Today is listed below:

"I've sorted through the resumes people have posted on the Internet. I recently put yours aside for future reference. I think your administrative background and training are exactly what my company needs. I'd like to extend an invitation to you to apply for our Executive Assistant position. I have included some facts about the opening below.

Executive Assistant

$60,000 - $80,000: Competitive Salary

Candidates should be self starters with excellent organizational skills. If the position interests you or if you would like to learn more about it, please click on the link below. You can also copy and paste the link into another browser and access the Web site that way. The application page will display detailed information about the opening's duties and responsibilities.

Please allow a couple of days for your application to be processed. A member of our human resources department will then contact you to set up an initial interview.

Best Regards,
Hank Thompson
Sr. Recruiter, HR Division"

Legitimate employers will list a street address & a contact phone number as well as a point of contact for the position listed. So I am not replying to this invitation.

If you do your homework & utilize sites such as this one - Ripoff Report - you will save yourself many hours & a great amount of frustration as you chase the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Good luck!

Wide eyed in georgia
Hawkinsville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2008 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hank-Thompson-Sr-Recruiter-HR-Division-Of-Career-Network-Inc-Also-Listed-As/Orlando-Florida-32861-8305/Hank-Thompson-Sr-Recruiter-HR-Division-Of-Career-Network-Inc-Also-Listed-In-E-mail-As-362400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hank Thompson, Sr. Recruiter, HR Division Of Career Network, Inc. Also Listed As

AUTHOR: Career Network - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry that you feel our recruitment practices are questionable. I'm sure this is only due to a misunderstanding of us and our business. Allow me to clear up any confusion by explaining who we are and what it is we exactly do.

Career Network is a new job board that is free to use by both job seekers and employers. Currently, there are thousands of jobs throughout the country available for application on our network of employment sites. We actively market those opportunities to individuals who have previously expressed interest in receiving employment offers. This works as a benefit for our corporate clients as we actively reach hundreds of potential applicants who had not previously been introduced to the opportunity through traditional job ads.

To keep our services free to both job seekers and employers we do offer advertising verticals on the site. However they are completely voluntary and do not in any way affect job seekers' consideration for the listed employment opportunities. We act only as an intermediary between the applicants and the hiring companies, and do not interfere with the delivery of submitted resumes for any reason. To do so would jeopardize our relationships not only with our corporate clients but our advertising partners as well.

Let me assure you that nothing will be done with your personal information that you do not expressly authorize. Foremost, since you are applying for a position, your resume will be transmitted to the employer who will then consider you for a job based solely on your skills and education. Beyond that, we will only connect you with our promotional partners if you agree to it during the application process.

We do have a contact phone number for employers listed on the employer section of our Web site. However, that will get you in contact with our account managers who have no control over the status of your application. Like I said, that decision is out of our hands. If you are having technical issues accessing the site, please use the email provided.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have regarding our Web site and our recruitment services. Please feel free to contact us with any further issues or suggestions at info@careernetwork.us.com.