Complaint Review: HAPPY MOTORS

• Updated: Tue, February 11, 2014

• Reported By: Colemsd — Wagener South Carolina
HAPPY MOTORS
265 John C Cahoun DR Orangeburg, South Carolina USA

HAPPY MOTORS Gave the dealer a down payment on an automobile under a false loan contract I purchased a vehicle from Happy Motors on 2-28-2013. I signed all the necessary documents to take ownership of the vehicle as my documents will show. After ten months of ownership the transmission went bad in the vehicle. At this point I contacted the lien holder which is stated as Westlake Financial to get the total payout of the vehicle it was at this point  we learned that the loan application #31018901had been denied.  At this point I contacted the dealership Happy Motors to let them know the issues. they immediately confiscated the vehicle. I asked if I would be reimbursed for the 2500.00 down payment that was given on 2-28-13. Reason  because I had been sold a car and was under the impression that I was purchasing the vehicle which was not the case since the loan was never approved and we were never contacted by Happy Motors to return the vehicle. I later determined Happy Motors had no idea the vehicle had left their lot as they had no paperwork on file of the vehicle. Orangeburg South Carolina

*General Comment: Payments

Gave the dealer a down payment on an automobile under a false loan contract  I purchased a vehicle from Happy Motors on 2-28-2013. I signed all the necessary documents to take ownership of the vehicle as my documents will show. After ten months of ownership the transmission went bad in the vehicle. At this point I contacted the lien holder which is stated as Westlake Financial. I contacted Westlake Financial to get the total payout of the vehicle it was at this point after speaking with an Westlake supervisor we learned that the loan application #31018901had been denied. It was given to my attention that the loan was never approved for the vehicle. At this point I contacted the dealership Happy Motors to let them know the issues. Once I spoke with Happy Motors and informed them of the issue they immediately confiscated the vehicle after speaking with Happy Motors about the issue. [continued below]....

..... I asked if I would be reimbursed for the 2500.00 down payment that was given on 2-28-13. Reason for asking was because I had been sold a car and was under the impression that I was purchasing the vehicle which was not the case since the loan was never approved and we were  never contacted by Happy Motors to return the vehicle. I later determined Happy Motors had no idea the vehicle had left their lot as they had no paperwork on file of the vehicle.

Your Desired Resolution:
I want Happy Motors to refund me the 2500.00 down payment which was only given to them because the loan that was never approved required it. If I had know the loan was not approved I would have not given Happy Motors the down payment and they would have kept the vehicle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HAPPY-MOTORS/Orangeburg-South-Carolina-29115/HAPPY-MOTORS-Gave-the-dealer-a-down-payment-on-an-automobile-under-a-false-loan-contract-1122908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HAPPY MOTORS

#1 General Comment

Payments

AUTHOR: John30144 - ()

Thank you for your report. I have to ask though, in the 10 months that you had the vehicle, to whom were you making payments, and how were you making them? If Westlake Financial has been accepting your payments and they denied your loan initially, they should not have accepted your payments and owe you a refund for them as well.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC