Complaint Review: Happy Scooters - Sunny Scooters - Scooter Depot

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Happy Scooters - Sunny Scooters - Scooter Depot
15705 Arrow Hwy. Baldwin Park, California U.S.A.

Happy Scooters - Sunny Scooters - Scooter Depot Worse than an info-mercial! Only they take more than a $100. Baldwin Park, California

My wife and I bought a scooter from these guys. Why? for the excellent gas milage that they said they get! When we got the scooter we had to assemble more than they advertized. Not just the battery, windshield and mirrors but had to put on the floorboards and seat. Then when I did get it assembled and primed with gas, the stupid thing didn't start. I waited the next day after charging the battery and still dead as a door nail. I called the company to see what was wrong and wanted them to fix it. They had me take off the front cover to disconnect the theft protection and still nothing. A friend came over and looked things over and found out that the fuse box wasn't put together properly. HE fixed it and then I REASSEMBLED the scooter again. Ran like a charm. I put gas in the tank and figured my milage and only was getting HALF of what they said I would be getting. I called to tell them about the problem and they said to get that milage I would have to buy devices and install them on my scooter to get that milage.

They talked like I was stupid and didn't know or understand about MPG and that city and highway miles are different. They said it's not false advertising and not their problem. I grew up on a farm and I know a litlle about fuel, motors and milage.

They don't care about the customer only the money they can get out of you. I would never buy from this crooked company again and will always recommend that no one ever buy from them.

Suckered
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Happy-Scooters-Sunny-Scooters-Scooter-Depot/Baldwin-Park-California-91706/Happy-Scooters-Sunny-Scooters-Scooter-Depot-Worse-than-an-info-mercial-Only-they-take-426328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Happy Scooters - Sunny Scooters - Scooter Depot