Complaint Review: Harbor Freight Tools

• Reported By: Roger J — Atlanta Georgia
Harbor Freight Tools
1415 Highway 85 North, Suite 200 Fayetteville , Georgia USA

Harbor Freight Tools Limited Lifetime Warranty deception Fayetteville Georgia

I purchased a tool for removing link pins from a watch band.  Tool has printed on package "Limited Lifetime Warranty".  So I tried to use it on a plastic band on a cheap watch my wife bought.  Well, the tool broke (not the plastic watch band).  Since Fayetteville is about 30 miles from my home, I waited until the next time I wanted to shop there, and took the tool and receipt to the store for an exchange.

I was quickly told that it was a limited lifetime warranty.  I said OK, what did that mean?  The worker explained to me that even though I had a receipt, it had been over 90 days.  OK, so what about the lifetime part of the warranty?  She said only pliers and hammers were warrantied.

So I asked why did they print on the package "Limited Lifetime Warranty" if only 90 days?  She told me she had "paying customers waiting", so I should leave.

Now I have attempted contacting customer service via email at Harbor Freight 3 times, so far no response.

Maybe their idea of a lifetime is 90 days?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2014 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harbor-Freight-Tools/Fayetteville-Georgia-30214/Harbor-Freight-Tools-Limited-Lifetime-Warranty-deception-Fayetteville-Georgia-1118762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harbor Freight Tools