Complaint Review: harbor freight

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: GrandpaSam — Champaign Illinois United States of America
harbor freight

harbor freight keep no records of faulty products Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Harbor Freight Tools

I purchased an air compressor from Harbor Freight, by internet purchase.  It would not run more than 5 sec without tripping its built-in overload switch.  I called and was advised to use lighter weight compressor oil, which I did with no change.  No further advice and (dumb me) I got busy with other things and let the device sit in our garage for some months...enough to run out the warantee.  Called them again, and was told that I should jump the overload switch...which I will do.  But here is the reason for this report.  I then asked if they have any records on problems with this device ("Central Pneumatic, 2.5 HP, 10 gal., 125 PSI Compressor").   The answer was a rather mechanically stated "I have no information on that sir."  I said, do you mean you could have a large number of the same complaint on an item and not save that information?  "I have no information on that sir."  You mean you keep no records of faulty products?  "That information would be above my level."  Wait a minute, you are the contact person, if you do not report it then it cannot be in your system!   "I have no information on that sir."  OK, thanks...goodbye.

Well, that certainly tells us something about Harbor Freight.   Buyer beware!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/harbor-freight/internet/harbor-freight-keep-no-records-of-faulty-products-Internet-966336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on harbor freight

Harbor Freight Tools

AUTHOR: Elsa Gonzalez - (United States of America)

Hello,

My name is Elsa Gonzalez, Manager of Customer Service.

If you can provide me your telephone number I will be more than happy to assist you.
If its more convenient, you may contact me at (805) 388-1000 Ext. 7382.

Thank you.