Complaint Review: harleys home improvement

• Submitted: Thu, July 21, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 22, 2011

• Reported By: 1 p''d OFF consumer — sterling hgts Michigan United States of America
harleys home improvement
20041 Ecorse Road, Taylor, Michigan United States of America

harleys home improvement Harleys Home Improvement is the WORST company ever Taylor , Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: It's true, they are a scam

*Consumer Comment: Harley's Home Improvement is Awesome!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Harleys Home Improvement Unbelievable Service

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: to one of our biggest fans!

Harleys came out to my house and said i had storm and hail damage.  They said they would get me a FREE roof through my insurance company with no out of pocket exspenses.  Well they didnt get me a free roof.
Now are trying to bill me for the supposive services they provided me.  They even are threatening to sue me.  Please stay away from this company the are crooks.
I seen some of there work and it looks horrible.  They are also threatening to sue my neighbors for the same thing.
I spoke with my insurance company and they  said Harleys Home Improvement is under investigation for INSURANCE FRAUD!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2011 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/harleys-home-improvement/Taylor-Michigan-48180/harleys-home-improvement-Harleys-Home-Improvement-is-the-WORST-company-ever-Taylor-Mich-756008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on harleys home improvement

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It's true, they are a scam

AUTHOR: Habit4Truth - (USA)

I chose to go with Harleys to repair my roof from a recent hail storm. The sales representative was very nice and provided an excellent experience. My check came from my insurance company and I was given $20,000 and since it was in my name and Harley's name I signed it and gave it to them on the condition that I would receive $10,000 that would be paid at the completion of the job. They agreed. This was back in October. After three weeks of getting the run around, the office manager Mike kept saying the check was in the mail. Long story short, I still haven't received it. Nor have they installed my roof. It's d**n near May and they've had my money for 8 months. They will not return my calls and when I do get an answer, this Mike character is on the other line or not in the building. They essentially stole $20,000 from me.

Harley's Home Improvement is Awesome!!!!

AUTHOR: Robert B - ()

This company is awesome.  I hired them for a complete roof job and they went out of their way to make me & my wife happy.

They were very professional & honest  & upfront with all of their pricing.  I don't know why someone would say anything bad about this company!     I have the nicest roof on the block because of them.

Inshort:   These guys are more then welcomed to come over my house anytime!

Harleys Home Improvement Unbelievable Service

AUTHOR: Truth Speaker - (United States of America)

I want everyone to know that Harley's Home Improvement has
given me 200% in customer service.

The only fault I can come up with is that they didn't find me sooner so I could
have had them do other jobs for me.

Ive checked the BBB and the State of Michigan and the manufacturer of the
siding they install ( Mastic) . They are a certified installer, not everyone
qualifies for this. I have never, and I looked DEEP found any

complaints on this company.

You cannot believe everything you read on the internet, esp when it is
anonymous. I am customer and will always be a customer of Harley's Home

I'm a real person and I am going to give my phone number to prove it

If anyone that is a serious customer has any questions about my experience with
this company they can call me.

Contractors are jealous of this company for sure and there is a lot of
competition and enough work for everyone. But when another contractor writes a
fake review that is just pathetic

This company has literally done cartwheels  to please me. They do things
for me that I didnt even ask for because they cost more. They do have a heart.

If you don't choose this company, just know that my house and others who have
hired them will always look better than your home. Don't cheat yourself !!!!!!!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

to one of our biggest fans!

AUTHOR: harley - (United States of America)

Hi my name is Harley Neufer and I am the owner of Harleys Home Improvement. I was recently made aware of a false report on my company posted on this website.Unfortunatley you can post anything you want, about any one you want with no proof at all being needed to verify.This message is to anyone researching us to be sure we are a honest upstanding company. Well the answer to that question is, of coarse we are. There was recently a hail storm in Westland Mi.We recieved a call from a home owner to help them with siding and roof damage. After we sent a representative of our company in there we noticed a few other companies in there doing work as well, so we sent our canvass team in to set appointments with home owners who needed our services.

Within a couple days we had a lot of homeowners who we were helping, and shortly after that we had this report on our company posted on line. This statement is completely false ,we have never done any insurance work in the city of Sterling Heights,check with the Sterling Heights building department. So to anyone reading this thinking about using our company feel free to check out our reputation with some more "legitimate " sources such as BBB, State attorney general or your local building department where actual proof is needed. Upon doing so you will find we have a fine reputation, never been sued, and have never been involved in any lawsuit concerning currant or previous customers. I believe who ever posted this is just afraid of a little friendly competion, and was feeling nervous because we have 10 customers to thier one. Its a pitiful person that makes up lies on a honest trustworthy company to try to compete. To the person that posted the false statement - you shouldnt blow out some one elses candle to make yours burn brighter. I would also challenge the person who posted this to post along with it one bit of evidence this occured. ( Im sure that will nevr happen.) thank you for allowing me to defend myself and put this matter to rest.