Complaint Review: HARRIS REAL ESTATE UNIVERSITY

• Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: RAND — RANCHO California United States of America
HARRIS REAL ESTATE UNIVERSITY
LAS VEGAS, Nevada United States of America

HARRIS REAL ESTATE UNIVERSITY HREU; TIM & JULIE HARRIS FALSE ADVERTISING, 100% MONEY BACK GUARENTEE SCAM LAS VEGAS, Nevada

*Author of original report: Stop the attacks, Tim!

*Consumer Comment: RESULTS...REAL RESPONSE...FROM A REAL HREU STUDENT and RE Agent

*Consumer Comment: Get the REAL facts from a REAL HREU student

*Consumer Comment: Wow

*Author of original report: Thievery followed by Insults, please HREU!

*Consumer Comment: Harris Real Estate University

Company website clearly states: "Enroll Now...Only $97.  100% Money Back Guaranteed!"  This is a monthly contract fee which is not stated on the site.  In order to qualify for the 100% money back guarantee, you must jump through hoops.  They hand out bloated designations or certifications that don't require any validation such as Short Sale Specialist, Certified Distressed Property Designation, Certified Real Estate Owned Designation, Community Marketing Designation, etc. all of which hold no weight with clients, the Realtor associations or any other respected organization.    They advise students to lie by telling students to tell clients that they are specialists even if they have never closed one deal.   They have no accrediation.  Finally, the term 100% Money Back Guaranteed is, get this, for promotional purposes only. [continued below]....

.....  What?  Yes, this is directly from their agreement that you agree to even if you never read or signed it, here it goes: All HREU products and / or services are 100% guaranteed proven, based on experiences of others. However, in no way does HREU warrant or imply that the programs / products will work for you personally, as we cannot guarantee you have participated at the level requisite for success. Agents, markets, skill level and commitment levels vary from agent to agent, office to office and market to market. The words '100% guaranteed' are for promotional purposes and are merely testament to the quality of services provided, based on 3rd party experiences.

One more thing, don't confuse the 100% Money Back Guarantee with their Double Your Money Back Guarantee, here it is: 11.Double-Your-Money-Back-Guarantee, as of 2/28/08. This Guarantee is also posted on line at www.HarrisRealEstateUniversity.com Harris Real Estate University Certificate of Guarantee Double Your Money Back Guarantee We are so certain that your will be thrilled with the Harris Real Estate University classes we guarantee them. As a student of HREU Classes (Graduate and Under Graduate programs not included) you are now eligible for our exclusive DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE . I understand that at the completion of my 1 year group coaching program with the Harris Real Estate University, that if I am not completely satisfied with the results of what Ive learned, I will receive double my coaching fee back to me, contingent on satisfactorily meeting the requirements stated in the Guarantees Terms and Conditions. Double Your Money Back Guarantee Terms and Conditions 1.Attend all scheduled program calls live. There are usually 4 calls per month, Email your notes from each call, with the calls date to: hreuaccountability@gmail.com. Notes to be received the same day the call took place.

Notes to be time-stamped via Google, no later than 12 midnight, PST. 2.Listen to all HREU Daily Messages, Email your notes from each call, with the calls date, to: hreuaccountability@gmail.com. Notes to be received the same day the call took place. Notes to be time-stamped via Google no later than 12 midnight, PST. 3.Attend at least 1, Live HREU event per year, sending your notes to hreuaccountability@gmail.com. Live event dates are announced via the Daily Message. Notes from the event to be emailed within 3 days of the events ending, time-stamped by Google, no later than midnight, PST the 3rd day. 4.Keep your enrollment fees in good standing at all times at HREU. Failure to do automatically makes this guarantee null and void. 5.Listen to all Friday Super Star Interviews and email notes to hreuaccountability@gmail.com. Notes to be received same day..no later than 2pm PST every Fridays except the Fridays the calls dont take place. 6.If you became an HREU student prior to this guarantee being in place, you must re-enroll in another 12 month to take advantage of it. 7.Only valid for $97/month courses offered at Harris Real Estate University. Not valid for UnderGraduate or Graduate coaching. * Notes; A few lines about what you learned. We need to see that you listened to the call live (not a replay).

This guarantees that you will be thrilled with the Harris Real Estate university.  I don't think that the person who wrote this contract graduated from any accredited school either.  I'd love to see the day when the government steps in and rids us of bogus colleges and universities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2010 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HARRIS-REAL-ESTATE-UNIVERSITY/LAS-VEGAS-Nevada-/HARRIS-REAL-ESTATE-UNIVERSITY-HREU-TIM-JULIE-HARRIS-FALSE-ADVERTISING-100-MONEY-BACK-556430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HARRIS REAL ESTATE UNIVERSITY

Stop the attacks, Tim!

AUTHOR: RLAND - (United States of America)

Clearly, you work for HREU!  I won't waste my time.  The facts are clear.  Harris Real Estate University uses Search Engine Optimization, so that everytime you google Harris Real Estate University and the word SCAM, you will get several of HREU's sites with articles they copy from other publications about other scams, so to cloud up as much truth as possible about them in the scammer business.

If you search further, you will find that there are hundreds of negative posts about this company from prior students about their low quality instruction, lack of accountability, lack of accreditation, billing issues, and several other complaints.

I posted this to inform people that HREU is actively covering up complaints with SEO marketing and rebuttals like this, the term on their home page that reads 100% Guarantee does not contain an asterick and in no way should be confused with a 100% guarantee, the definition of 100% guarantee has been redifined by Harris Real Estate University and HREU is not publicly informing customers that they have no accreditation of any kind yet call themselves a university.   It is misleading in an industry that frowns on the misleading.

For real short sale training certification, go with a reputable company that has been around for over 2 years and didn't just pop up when the market fell apart, if you even need short sale training... it's not rocket science.

Agents who are closing deals don't sign up with these companies.  These companies claim to have sucessful agents but don't publicize them.  HREU claims to have taught seasoned pros who have been closing deals for years, yet HREU has only been around for less than 2 years.  They profile 4 agents on their site yet finding these agents to discuss this matter is a waste of time.

Certificatioins that are meaningful are instructed by seasoned, licensed in the state they teach iin, professionals who have really closed hundreds of deals.  They test you and provide certifications that professioinals in the industry will recognize.  They are not fairy-tale made-up designations that will make you look like a total fool when you speak to a lender with a straight face and you tell them you are a Reassignment Specialist because you were able to print a certificate off the HREU site.  Trust me, it will make you look like a fool to say such nonsense.  It is unethical to lie to your client in that, you say something that you know is hot air or fluff.

Agents who close deals, answer their phones, visit lenders, visit brokers, brush up regularly on their education, join influential commities, contact prospects, speak with prospects lender directly and the like will be successful.   It's a dance, if you will, between the lender, seller, and agent.  Don't pay anyone your commission to teach you something unless they can prove and show THEIR credentials.  None, not one, of the successful agents closing REO and SHORT SALE deals in my Los Angeles neighborhood have ever even heard of Harris Real Estate university.

You cannot purchase success, you must work for it.  These quick-result schemes are bogus, to say the least.

RESULTS...REAL RESPONSE...FROM A REAL HREU STUDENT and RE Agent

AUTHOR: Kevin Hall - (United States of America)

Obviously the person who wrote this report read HREU's requirements for a refund.  I certainly did before I signed up and became a coaching student.  I had a choice, as did the author of this report, to sign up or not sign up.  It's that simple.  To be, or not to be...  Their report, however, begs the question:  "Were you signing up to learn and gain valuable skills, or did you sign up just to try to get a refund?"  Strange logic.  As we all know, life is filled with choices.  Most of us know what the rules are.  "If I drive too fast, I may get a speeding ticket and have to pay a fine."  "If I live in a neighborhood with specific rules in the CCR's, I may not be able to paint my house neon green."  "Don't park here or your car could get towed away at owner's expense."  etc., etc., etc.  I may not like the rules, but I know what they are and I have CHOICES as to how I want to proceed.  We all do.

Rules and regs are all around us. We may not like those rules, but they exist.  And, as the author so clearly outlined for all of us to read in their little write-up what HREU's rules are regarding a refund, there is quite obviously no argument that they didn't know what the rules were regarding a refund when they got started.

However, it's not clear if they ever did get started.  It appears that the author is just publicly complaining about rules that they read and are aware of and just don't like.  I suppose I could write a report complaining about the parking meters downtown or the CCR's in my neighborhood, etc.

What's this person really complaining about?  $97 a month?  That's less than my cell phone bill.  A one-year commitment is about $1,164.  My average commission is about $3,500.  If can close one transaction with what I learn, that's a touchdown.  Well, I've had the best year of my career and exceeded all of my expectations from my coaching experience with HREU.

A few of my RESULTS from coaching with HREU:

Note: I became a coaching student with HREU in the summer of 2008 and had just returned to full-time real estate from another industry.

Within 1 month of coaching, I secured a $1M+ short sale listing of a 6000 sq. ft. estate home on 11 acres in the foothills.

I started doing BPO's for several BPO servicing companies.  One company regularly sent me multiple orders at a time, up to 11 in one day!

I secured 18 new listings in a 45 day time-frame.

I went from an $89 per month website that was just an expensive electronic business card that generated no business, to a FREE blog that generates FREE leads and traffic all of which I know how to do by myself.

I have professional working relationships with all of the major lenders and have received compliments from several loss mitigation negotiators for how clean my short sale files are.  I do short sales the way HREU taught me to do short sales...every detail...from my marketing, to taking the listing to closing the transaction and getting paid my commission.

I currently have 23 listings, more than half of which have pending contracts.

In 2009 I had my best year in real estate ever.  I have been at my current brokerage for 1 year and I ranked #6 in GCI (total revenue) out of over 200 agents for 2009.

Additionally, I am now part of a massive network of other like-minded fellow HREU agents nation-wide.  I have spoken personally and exchanged emails with many of them.  I have sent and received incoming and outgoing referrals from many of them.  I am connected to a massive network of fellow HREU agents who are out there making a difference every day.

I note these accomplishments only to recognize my coaches at HREU.  I would not have the level of success I have in my business right now (I may not even be in the business right now) if it were not for the skills and disciplines that I have learned and continued to hone through my coaching with HREU.

Coaches are there to push you outside of your comfort zones so that you grow.  If you're not improving, you're declining.  There is no such thing as remaining static.  Do you think Michael Jordan's coach made him feel comfortable?  Do you think Wayne Gretzky's coach made him feel comfortable?  Do you think Ronaldo's coach made him feel comfortable?  Absolutely no way.  All those coaches pushed each of their players to the brink and beyond.  What's even more important is that each of them still had to do the work, the coaches didn't do it for them.  There's no magic pill.

The coaches at HREU are also more than just coaches.  They're like a big brother or big sister.  They care about you.  They want to see you succeed.  When someone needs help, they respond.  They truly understand the real underlying essence of this life, which is, "The more we help other people enhance their lives, the more enhanced our own lives become."  This is a universal law folks.  Go for it.  Live it and see how amazing your life can be.

Thank you to my coaches at HREU!  Keep rocking!

Very Sincerely,

Kevin - Boise

Get the REAL facts from a REAL HREU student

AUTHOR: Rodney Forbes - (USA)

Since I'm so busy applying everything I'm learning from the Harris Real Estate University to expand my real estate business, I hardly have time to respond to posts like this. This time I have to make an exception.

Whether this person is trying to further their own agenda, has a personal grudge against someone at HREU, or just has too much time on their hands, it's time to set the record straight from a REAL student, not someone who reads guarantees for a living.

I'm a real estate agent involved in several coaching programs with Harris Real Estate University(HREU). The results in my business speak for themselves. After 6 months of coaching with HREU:

1. My listings have tripled

2. I've been interviewed by CNBC as "the local expert on short sales"

3. I'm now affiliated with several asset management companies in selling their bank owned properties

4. A representative of the largest bank in the country has approached me to be affiliated with them

5. I expect to close 10 times more properties than just last year...10 TIMES!

6. My $200.00/month website has been replaced by a $10/year blog...and my online results have gone up 100 TIMES!

I could go on, but you get the point. HREU coaches for RESULTS....by taking action. HREU is an ongoing coaching program. Real estate is an ever changing business. I have no problem with designations, whether from NAR or anyone else. But any company that comes to town for a weekend seminar that costs $500 to $600...and BAM! you have a designation and you're the local expert. Bull! HREU is an ongoing coaching program that is on top of changes in the market at all times.

I can't recommend HREU highly enough to any SERIOUS agent that wants to take their business to the next level. It's sad that anyone can come on to this forum and bash anyone with no regard for the truth. I will defend this company and their goal, which is to have knowledgable and successful agents, 8 days a week.

If anyone wants to find out the FACTS, and not BS, about this company, just do a google search and you'll see how many successful agents who are students of HREU. And if the author of the post would actually register for a coaching program and actually apply the knowledge, they won't have time to waste on these posts.

Speaking of guarantees and designations, I have a Bachelors degree from a good university and nothing came from it. Where's my guarantee? I want my money back. Get real! Get off your butt and get to work for a living, or I GUARANTEE you'll be flipping burgers for the next several years at least.

Wow

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

After reading your report I am very shocked at what you are stating to be facts. I enrolled in HREU in the summer of 09, and I must say that I had a total different experience as you. When I enrolled online, I was asked to click the bottom "I agree to the terms of the contract" and like any Agent out there should, I read the terms, before agreeing. Nothing out of the ordinary, and in fact AT&T terms are much more complex than that of HREU. I have found the service to be the best out there, from their Coaches, to their Staff. I have several REO listings, and do on average of 50-60 BPO's a month due to the training I was imstructed to follow. I am very happy with the training, and will continue to stay as long as I am learning, and what they teach is working. I wish you luck in your real estate career.

Thievery followed by Insults, please HREU!

AUTHOR: RLAND - (United States of America)

I've completed several recognized courses, have received several designations, and degrees in real estate, all of which are laid out in a manner that is comprehendable and taught by instructors that themselves, are certified real estate instructors (CREI).

The information, again, on the HREU site is redundant in that all of the information is repeated over in every other lesson, a real piece meal of tid bits from all over the internet.

The main point in every series is you have to get out there and do it.  Successful people don't need to hear this.

Everything requires action but it's clear that HREU takes up all ones time, for instance, calling phone numbers on a list of banks that they distributed to all of their "students", and they to their friends and collegues, so that you will get an answering machine or a disconnected number, and never a returned call.

It seems like scam artists always come out swinging when someone throws the red flag.  At $500 a month, this could be considered grand theft.

Again, the point of my post was due to the fact that they tell you one price, then push you into believing you signed a contract for a year and the price suddently becomes a monthly fee.  An honest business that plans on sticking around for the long run doesn't need to do this.

Harris Real Estate University

AUTHOR: Chris Nedla - (United States of America)

Wow...my experience could not be any farther from your experience.

I was in need of real guidance and assistance in my real estate business.  I was working with KW at the time and I was told about Harris University and it's successful Short sale program.

I joined the program and followed the directions of Tim Harris and as Tim always says..."Take Action"...which means just put into play what HREU teaches and all of it's websites materials and you will make money.  That was in 2008.

It's 2010 and i'm still enrolled in Harris University in 4 classes and spend about $500 per month.

I know that some people take classes like this...online...but don't take the time to really listen and do what the instructors tell them...it does work...you just need to take action.