Complaint Review: Harrison Career Institute HCI

Union Blvd Allentown, Pennsylvania United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Harrison Career Institute - HCI - HCI Harrison Career Institute stole money from me Allentown, Pennsylvania

In 2001, when I enrolled in Harrison Career Institute, I also applied for a student loan through them.

A few weeks into my program, I was pulled into the financial aid office and informed that my loan application was denied, due to the fact that I had an existing student loan that I owed money on that I had taken out for a school that I had previously attended. They told me the only way I could continue in my program was to pay for it out of my pocket.

Since I was financially unable to pay for it in full on my own, I was forced to drop out of the program. Years went by, and Harrison Career Institute was forgotten. Until I decided recently to check my credit report, something I foolishly never did before. Upon checking my credit, I find I have an outstanding, overdue, student loan for Harrison Career Institute.

In doing some research with the loan company, it turns out my loan application was never denied. In fact, it was approved, and the funds were sent directly to Harrison. Apparently, by filling out their loan form, that gave them permission to receive the funds on my behalf.

So, had I stayed in the program, and payed for it out of my pocket, they would have received double the money. In this case, they received funds, without my knowledge, for a program that I was no longer enrolled in.

The loan company refuses to help me. They said its really not their problem. They gave the funds to Harrison. What Harrison did with those funds, isn't really their concern. They have my loan application, which I have never denied filling out. But what I am fighting is the fact that I was told it was denied, which turned out to be a lie.

So they stole over $3000 from me. They defrauded me out of that money. I am now stuck with a $3000+ loan, that is doing sever damage to my credit report. And I can't find anyone to help me.

The Dept of Education told me flat out that Harrison Career Institute no longer exists, and they themselves have been unable to locate the owner, or anyone related to that school. I have even been unable to locate my student records. No one seems to know where they are either. What can I do???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2009 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harrison-Career-Institute-HCI/Allentown-Pennsylvania-/Harrison-Career-Institute-HCI-HCI-Harrison-Career-Institute-stole-money-from-me-Allent-492607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harrison Career Institute HCI