Complaint Review: HARRISON CAREER INSTITUTE - HCI

• Updated: Tue, June 21, 2011

• Reported By: shan — phila Pennsylvania United States of America
HARRISON CAREER INSTITUTE - HCI
1619 walnut phila, Pennsylvania United States of America

HARRISON CAREER INSTITUTE - HCI HCI was prosecuted for their practices but what about us? philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: What a Scam!

I went to HCI in 2002 and I was told by my admissions counselor that it didn't matter that I hadn't graduated high school, then i was expelled after the new year. I found out later that not only am i on the hook for the full amount of the loan but that they took a second loan out in my name when the next cycle started.

I have had my tax returns taken by the dept of ed twice to go towards paying these loans and I still owe almost 10000 total. I've filed three greivances so far and have been denied all three times.

While doing some research on the cpu i found out that the us attorney successfully prosecuted the owner and two of his top execs in April 2009. They were forced to pay restitution to the dept of ed but noone said anything to us the real victims. Where is our restitution?  Why are we still being forced to pay for their crimes?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2010 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HARRISON-CAREER-INSTITUTE-HCI/phila-Pennsylvania-/HARRISON-CAREER-INSTITUTE-HCI-HCI-was-prosecuted-for-their-practices-but-what-about-us-572314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HARRISON CAREER INSTITUTE - HCI

What a Scam!

AUTHOR: Shantelle Thomas - (United States of America)

I attended Harrison in 2003-2004 and also experienced alot of the same issues that other students are having.  There was a lack of materials in the classroom, no structure, and the instructor did not seem to be caplable to teach the class. I never recieved any certificates or certifications for attending the school. Without those documents I can not work in that field.

I have no records of attending the program but a student loan i have been paying off for a several years now. I have had income taxes and work wages garnished because of this debt that i seem to not beable to completly pay off.

Where is the justice for us. Peolpe come into theese saposidly acrredidated schools thinking that they are signing up for a quality education and dont get it. Whhy should we be responsible for paying the loans back if we cant even get a job in that field that we studied?